Did everything needed to achieve superhost by October, now says will be reviewed in January 2019.

Answered!
Marcie-And-Doug0
Level 2
Florida, United States

Did everything needed to achieve superhost by October, now says will be reviewed in January 2019.

Did everything needed to achieve superhost by October, now says will be reviewed in January 2019.   I feel this is an unfair practice, when I see other people’s places with only 9 reviews and not all of them 100%.  What do I do now?  Not try so hard to be accommodating?  Hope I get a negative review to be a superhost?  HELP!

1 Best Answer
Vanessa-and-Kurt0
Level 10
Farmington, CT

As soon as the current period was over 10/1/18 next period timeline of 1/1/18 shows on everyones progress tab. Your SH award (if you have earned it for period ending 10/1/18) will not show until 14 days after the end of the period in order to allow checkouts through 10/1/18 time to review.

No unfair practice-you are just checking too soon.

I am 100% sure I got SH (7th period in a row), my screen shows the same and I will not get this periods SH award until 10/14/18 either.

Hope that helps.

View Best Answer in original post

7 Replies 7
Vanessa-and-Kurt0
Level 10
Farmington, CT

As soon as the current period was over 10/1/18 next period timeline of 1/1/18 shows on everyones progress tab. Your SH award (if you have earned it for period ending 10/1/18) will not show until 14 days after the end of the period in order to allow checkouts through 10/1/18 time to review.

No unfair practice-you are just checking too soon.

I am 100% sure I got SH (7th period in a row), my screen shows the same and I will not get this periods SH award until 10/14/18 either.

Hope that helps.

Thank you for your answer....I could not find one anywhere.  Makes me very happy.  I love Airbnb and have shared it with many friends.

Jamie306
Level 2
Cedar Key, FL

Me too.  I should have made superhost October 1st, now it says Jan 1st.

I hope you were as thrilled as I was at Venessa & Kurts answer.

Jane235
Level 3
Melbourne, Australia

I have been a SuperHost for a year now.  Recently received an email from Airbnb saying the quarterly review meant I didn’t reach SuperHost status and would have to wait until January 2019 for the next review. 

My guests in the last three months (12 months too) have mainly given me 5 stars but then occasionally put a 4 stars rating for overall experience even with 5 stars??

I only had one guest who disagreed with the description of my listing and left early. She was very strange and a cross young lady. We all get these guests that you can’t understand how they see things differently to 99% of guests who love my apartment and the area.

I feel Airbnb has done me a great injustice removing this SuperHost status based on data and percentages and not looking into the wonderful reviews and personal messages I receive from guests. Nobody wants to discuss it with me or review my case.

I don’t want to wait till January for the next review. This is our summer busy period and having removed my SuperHost status the bookings have stopped. If we are a community as Airbnb CEO has suggested, then care more for me and listen to what I’m saying. This is my business and interest and now I’m back to basics. 

Airbnb SH qualifications are clear and measured. With 700k hosts they cant subjectively determine everyones qualifications, nor can they go changing them for just a few hosts. Im sorry you didnt reach it this quarter. Hopefully you are well on your way to SH in January.

Andrea2718
Level 1
Stockton-on-Tees, United Kingdom

I have just had my superhost status removed after a being one for a few years. I have gained so much more experience hosting over the past years, I have updated my property and garden,  I spend more time preparing for guests and hired an extra cleaner along with house keeper. I provide more extras such as flowers, bakes, toiletries etc. So I believe the service and accomodation I now provide is much better than  when I started hosting. Most of my reviews are 5 star. I am disappointed and do think the assessments could do with reviewing. BUT my place is a bargain and I  work very hard especially as I offer one night stays for up to 8 guests. So I have swallowed the bitter pill and accepted that you cannot please everyone! I know I will still get bookings and will plod on as usual, never really knowing what the whim of a review will  result in.