Did you all really send me this message? Or is it a hoax?

Lillian94
Level 2
Round Rock, TX

Did you all really send me this message? Or is it a hoax?

Airbnb Community Support

Sidney, Mon, 29 Nov 2021 18:07:44 GMT
Hi Lillian,

I’m Sidney with Airbnb. I just attempted to reach you by phone but was unable to make contact with you.

I am reaching out to inform you that Airbnb has determined we are unable to support reservation HM59S23TXJ with ________ and will be moving forward with canceling it. The reservation will not be reinstated.

If your guest has already arrived, please make sure that checkout occurs as soon as possible.

We truly apologize for this inconvenience and would like to assure you that these situations are unique and that we are here to support you. Feel free to reply directly this email with any questions or concerns.

Best,
Sidney

1 Reply 1
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Lillian94  This a community discussion board for hosts and guests, not Airbnb customer service.

But that message is real. It indicates that there is something amiss with this booking or guest. Either their payment didn't go through, or it was found to be a stolen credit card, or the guest has been reported to Airbnb for bad behavior or criminal activity.

Is this guest in residence at your place now? Airbnb will have sent the guest a cancellation notice, telling them to leave. Which they need to do. Are you alone there? If the guest hasn't arrived yet, don't let them in. The guest isn't necessarily a danger to you, it may just be a matter if you not getting paid for the booking, but you don't know why Airbnb has flagged this booking and they won't give you details.

The end of that message says to reply directly to it by email. You should do that if you need help to make sure the guest doesn't stay.