Didn't receive my travel credit though one of my referrals completed a trip?

Venkateswaran0
Level 1
Hyderabad, India

Didn't receive my travel credit though one of my referrals completed a trip?

One of my referrals joined and completed his first airbnb stay. I thought i will be getting referral bonus as promised but didnt get any it. The invite page shows he has registered but has not taken a trip which is wrong. I have checked with the friend and he has completed his trip and his trip costs ~5k which means it is a qualifying booking for referral. Can anyone please tell why this behavior ? Will it take lil longer to reflect on the site, if yes how long?

33 Replies 33

Hi Aldara! Which number did you call?

Nhat-Quang0
Level 1
Garden Grove, CA

Same here have not receive my $20 ... it have been days already.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hi @Nhat-Quang0

You will need to follow up with BNB directly - this is a forum for hosts,, not monitored by BNB.

Maria696
Level 1
Wolfeboro, NH

I contacted Airbnb via Twitter and they responded saying that my friend didnt get the referral credit coz the email acct I used for the reservation was not the same email acct she  signed me up with.

Andreea-Gabriela0
Level 1
Constanța, Romania

Same

Sacha12
Level 1
Braine-l'Alleud, Belgium

the same

蒙0
Level 1
China

I am suffering the exact same issue as you did, but I found this problem was already exist in 2016, and they haven't solved it right now!

I did send a referral link to my mom's email address, and she did sign up using the link, however the travel credits in her account is 0!!!! But in my referral list, it did change my mom's account from"hasn't signed up yet" to "hasn't started up a trip". And then I thought is was likely the travel credits will show up when I submit the reservation and pay for it. So we booked a room in bangkok, but after we paid for the room, nothing about travel credits come up. It is inapproprate to deceive users like that.

I called customer service and one staff told me she has delivered my issue to the upper staffs in Airbnb, and they will respond asap. However, I haven't received any response from them!!!! Will update here if these is any progress!

this happen to me just now my sister signed up and on my refferal list it shows that she hasn't. she booked for the first time 2 days ago and checked out yesterday and still says this , i have gotten 0 credited as well totally decieving !

Mae7
Level 1
Taguig, Philippines

Is this issue has been resolved?

looks like it hasn't at all 😕 happen to me and my sister just now .

Gert5
Level 2
Mannheim, Germany

Any solution to this already? I am experiencing the same problem. My referral booked a trip for around 160 euros (he used her 30 travel credit that he got from me) and also hosted her flat. I did not get any of the travel credit from AirBnb. Also there is no place to file a complaint. Just the community center which does not help at all. I am very disapointed of the whole thing!!

Karra1
Level 2
Murrumba Downs, Australia

I thought the same thing, but checking the wording of travel credit - I think the person you invite has to actually TAKE the trip before you're issued the credit because they could potentially cancel.

Nastasiia0
Level 1
New York, NY

Hi beautiful people!
Use my promo code and get $40 off! 
www.airbnb.com/c/anastasiai746

🙂

Emily413
Level 1
Salford, United Kingdom

The same has happened to me. Terrible there is no way you can get through with disputes that don't fit the preset 'problems'. Some customer service please? 

I have the same problem here. My friend applied my link and created her account. Her first guest already checkout for almost a week. However, I just find in my profile that show 'published listing' status of my friend. I do not know how they work and how to claim this issue. Airbnb does not appreciate our time and efforts that help their company grow up as now.