Difference between "confirmed" and "upcoming"?

Difference between "confirmed" and "upcoming"?

Hi guys! Im new on this!

just wanted to know what's the difference between "confirmed" and "upcoming" 

i have 3 reservations now and this two different words appear on my reservation list

i understand (correct me if I'm wrong) that in order to book a place, guests are supposed to pay at the time they do the reservation, like a flight ticket, correct?

8 Replies 8
Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Mauricio82

A 'confirmed' reservation means the guest has paid. You will see them in your Your Reservations list with the word 'Accepted' beside them. You will also see the dates blocked out on your diary, with their photo and marked with a green bar.

UpComing Reservations is just the list of Accepted Reservations (both past, current and future) that you have as a host.

You are correct that for booking guests pay at the time they make the reservation (there is a slighly different set up for long stays however)

So, if it says "upcoming" it means that the guest hasn't paid yet? I don't understand because I have 2 more reservations and one says "confirmed" while the other says "upcoming"

i understand that in order to make a reservation, the guest have to provide a payment method, but I'm a little confused.

So, if it says "upcoming" it means that the guest hasn't paid yet? I don't understand because I have 2 more reservations and one says "confirmed" while the other says "upcoming" 

i understand that in order to make a reservation, the guest have to provide a payment method, but I'm a little confused. 

Andrea9
Level 10
Amsterdam, Netherlands

@Mauricio82

Go to Your Reservations: You will only see

Confirmed, Cancelled, or Pending (while guest is having profile verified or payment is being processed) in front of the single reservations.

Upcoming at the top of the page is just the summary category to tell you "This is your list of reservations that are upcoming" and doesn't include those that "Have already come and gone"

Hope that clarifies it for you.

I still don't understand.  It used to only say 'Confirmed'...not upcoming.  Then the guest texted and asked for the address, which I gave, because she said it showed confirmed.  I don't like that upcoming...it wasn't nec3ssary before and I don't get it.  It should only be 'Confirmed'

Andrea9
Level 10
Amsterdam, Netherlands

@Linda509

Yeah, part and parcel of the annoying of the tech dept. fiddling around with changes all the time and probably losing track of where which expression was used...

Seems like something different every week.

Oliver100
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

Yes I concur.

I'm a guest and my 'confirmed' reservation has changed to 'upcoming' even thought I have paid.

I've contacted the host and everything is in order, but it would appear if there is further comms after a 'confirmed' reservation is moved to 'confirmed' then the reservation becomes 'upcoming'. Completely paid in full on first transaction and then went to 'confirmed' and now 'upcoming'. It appears in the same place as 'declined', 'cancelled', 'pending', 'confirmed', 'upcoiming'. At least I think that's all the status' until ABNB come up with another one 🙂

Happy times sharing great places. Oliver

I was also confused about it  is upcoming still considered confirmed?