Differences in price

Differences in price

Hi All,

I'm just starting with Airbnb here in Tucson.  I am very confused about something.  

I have set the rate for my efficiency Studio at $65/n for the 17 nights during the International Gem Show here in Tucson. The price shows up correctly as $65/n on my calendar for those nights.   When I pretend I'm a guest and look at what is available in my area on the Tucson map, it says $71/n.  But when I pretend I am going to sign up for some of those same dates it says $69/n.  Why those differences in nightly rate?

8 Replies 8
Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

@Talena0 Hi Talena, I can't see your Efficiency Studio listing but I can tell you how the nightly rate is calculated / displayed in search results. 

If you have a nightly rate of $100 and a cleaning fee of $25 and the guest is looking for a 4 night stay, Airbnb will display the nightly rate as $106.  Why? $100 x 4 + $25 = $425 divided by 4 equals $106.25 which Airbnb rounds down to $106.  This gives guests a more accurate breakdown of the nightly fee. 

Make sense to you?

Kirstie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Talena0,

@Clare0 has given you a good explanation of why the price may look different to what you expect, it may well be to do with the cleaning fee and/or service fee added.

I have moved your post here to a new thread so that it doesn't get lost in another discussion and is easier to find. I have given it a title, please let me know if you want to change it!

Kirstie

Carolyn89
Level 2
Rockingham, Australia

Hi my place is listed at $170 pn but when i take a booking it comes up at $150. I have no other costs involved.

i have checked everything and cant sort it out. Also that is not with fees. So come down to about $139 pn.

Help please would be appreciated

Bernardita7
Level 2
Concón, Chile

Hello! I just got two reservation inquiries for the same nights/days however both people were given different pricing. Why is that? Is it because one is for 4 people and the other 3? Help! Thanks! @Clare0 

@Bernardita7  Do you have an extra guest fee for more people? If you just charge the same no matter how many guests, there shouldn't be any price difference. Where do you see the discrepancy in price?

They’re not available to see anymore but basically it was in a pre approval request and the other in a inquiry. So both showed same dates but different prices. 

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Bernardita7 

A "pre-approval request" is the same as an "ïnquiry".

Your listing shows you offer the non-refundable option to guests (10% discount), so probably one of them has made this choice ?

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Emiel1  Good thinking.

@Bernardita7  The options on Inquiries are pre-approval, decline, or just message back.

The options on Requests are accept or decline.

So there is no such thing as a "pre-approval request."