Different Base Price for Summer than Winter seasons

Craig132
Level 1
Mazatlan, Mexico

Different Base Price for Summer than Winter seasons

Winter (high season) has a higher base price than summer (low season). How do I set this automatically? The weekly and monthly discounts just key off base rate.

I want people to be looking at calendar in winter and seeing the winter price and when looking for summer availability to see the summer rate.

3 Replies 3
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

The base price is what a traveler sees if no specific dates are selected, @Craig132.  Once the traveler selects dates, the price shown to the traveler in the reservation request is the calendar price.  The only time there is a coordination between Base and Calendar prices is if you select Smart Pricing.  If not, then your seasonal option is custom pricing which is not automated.  Both weekly and monthly discounts key off the Calendar price, not the base price.

Allister-and-Sophi0
Level 1
Wellington, New Zealand

I agree with you. There needs to be high demand pricing and low demand pricing factored around seasons. Currently travelers can get cheaper prices if they book out of the demand period. It would be a simple fix to factor into the algorithm high demand and low demand based on season

I would like to see a way for seasonal pricing.  What I've done is set up a discount for the off season time.