Different address than on the listing

Different address than on the listing

i have recently paid and booked an apartment in Wembley. and after confirming booking i asked the host for the address, the host messaged me with different address than the original address that was on the Airbnb booking confirmation.  Before i made the booking, host did not mention anything about the address issue whatsoever and there is nothing about the address issue on the description of the listing as well.  so i checked on the google map, i couldn't find anything. and i messaged the host. Host told me that because its a new building developed, the address doesn't pop up on the navigation and then provide me with different post code with street address and i checked again 2 miles away from the original address. and i asked for the picture of the property from outside it's been almost 24hr no response yet. The host doesn't have his picture on profile , it was picture of an apartment and 0 reviews and joined 2021 but a verified host by airbnb. 

i am so confused should i cancel and request refund?? anyone had similar experience?

3 Replies 3
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Santosh23 I would contact Airbnb, explain the issue to them and ask them to cancel with a full refund. This definitely feels wrong 

Gillian166
Level 10
Hay Valley, Australia

yes, there is a scam where they do this bait n switch, or they have the listing in a different jurisdiction to get around local str laws. whatever the reasons, it's not good. 

Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager
Galashiels, United Kingdom

Hi @Santosh23 

Sorry to hear about this - did you manage to get things sorted out in the end?

Jenny

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines