Different check in times for different days of the week

Answered!
Danielle801
Level 2
Ottawa, CA

Different check in times for different days of the week

I think it would be useful for hosts, especially those of us who share their homes with guests (we airbnb the spare bedroom in our home), to have the ability to adjust the check in times for the different days of the week.

I work during the week (9-5pm) but I like to be able to meet my guests when they arrive, my check in times are 4-9pm... I don't want to have to set my check-in to be between 6-9pm, because I don't think that's a realistic window of time, especially for weekend arrivals, which could be earlier. I have a lockbox for the times when I can't be there, but it still seems like this could be easier.

I'd love to hear anyone else's thoughts on the subject.

1 Best Answer

@Danielle801 Like you I work so my check in is 6pm-10pm, and I always meet my guests as they're sharing the apartment with me. The 6pm check-in time doesn't put people off booking with me on weekends. If a guest is checking in on the weekend then I offer them an earlier check-in time when I first message them after they book, which most people take advantage of.

I don't really see varying check in times as much of an issue, it doesn't reduce bookings and by offering guests early check in on the weekend it looks like I'm going over & above to host them. Another thing is that a lot of my guests don't read the check in times and have to be prompted to tell me when they're arriving or reminded that they can't check in early on a weekday because I'm at work. 

View Best Answer in original post

2 Replies 2
Denis-Mark0
Level 10
Lahnstein, Germany

@Danielle801 I agree with your idea. It would make sense to control check-in times day by day. 

Hosts who are working during the week and only can offer a later check-in, might appreciate to set a different, earlier check in time on weekends or holidays.

Even if AirBnb is trying to keep things simple in handling, hosts should be given the possibility to set "expert configuracions" or more specific adjustmens if they want to.

Have you written in your listing something like "Ask for for earlier check-in on saturdays"?

@Danielle801 Like you I work so my check in is 6pm-10pm, and I always meet my guests as they're sharing the apartment with me. The 6pm check-in time doesn't put people off booking with me on weekends. If a guest is checking in on the weekend then I offer them an earlier check-in time when I first message them after they book, which most people take advantage of.

I don't really see varying check in times as much of an issue, it doesn't reduce bookings and by offering guests early check in on the weekend it looks like I'm going over & above to host them. Another thing is that a lot of my guests don't read the check in times and have to be prompted to tell me when they're arriving or reminded that they can't check in early on a weekday because I'm at work.