Different number of guests between inquiry and confirmed

Ernest2
Level 2
Wailuku, HI

Different number of guests between inquiry and confirmed

Hi fellow hosts!

I've been hosting for about a month now and always wondered about this scenerio and well, it just happened, lol.  I received an inquiry for (2) guests, (5) nights for January 2017.  When the booking was confirmed through Instant Booking, it's now for (1) guest, (6) nights.  Since I charge addition $$ after the first guest, I immediately contacted my guest through Airbnb messaging system and confirmed with the guest that it's for (2) guests at (6) nights.  The guest admitted that it was a mistake.  So, I altered the "Details", pending approval from the guest.  It's been a week now and I still have not recieved a response from my guest or a notification from Airbnb about the change(s).

1).  What should I do?

2).  If I cancel that reservation, will those days be blocked from my (availability) calender because I am the one who cancelled it?

3).  If I cancel (Moderate), will Airbnb still charge service fees for both me and my guest?

Thanks in advance for your advise/comment.

ALOHA,

Ernest

2 Replies 2
Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

@Ernest2 don't cancel! I would recommend sending another message to your guest to remind him or her that they need to accept the alteration request or else the reservation will be cancelled by Airbnb. 

If you don't get a response in a reasonable amount of time after you send this message, then contact Airbnb to get them involved. 

I prefer using Twitter @airbnbhelp, but there are other ways to get in touch.  Click on the link below to see all the ways. 

Hope this helps!  Clare

Bella1
Level 2
Portland, OR

You have their number, just text them. It is obvious to me how someone would mess up the number of guests when booking. 

I don't know what happened to that extra night.

good luck,

bella