Different prices for different number of guests / listing doesn't show

Benjamin447
Level 1
Cuernavaca, Mexico

Different prices for different number of guests / listing doesn't show

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone could help me out.  I have a house with 3 bedrooms and want to charge differently depending on how many people book it (1,2,3,4 people). If I set the price that I have in mind for 4 people, it is too expensive for 1 or 2 people. However, the price for 2 people is too cheap for when it is 4 people staying.

I have read other comments and I have adjusted the base price for two people to $45 and added a $10 fee for any extra people after 2.

However, since the listing says it is for two people, it doesn't show up for a group of 3 or 4 people. We also had someone try booking directly on the listing, but the system doesn't let you add more than two people. 

Does anyone know how to fix this? I tried looking on other threads but couldn't find an answer.

Thank you in advance!

5 Replies 5
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Benjamin447,

I looked at your listing and indeed, the booking form will accept up to 4 guests as input (as also set in the listing as maximum) , but as soon calculation is performed it says: "max. nr of guests is 2". It seems to me a glitch. Maybe try to set the max value to something else (like 3) to check if it happens also.

Aslo check if the extra guest fee settings are correct (or play with it like setting the fee "after the 3th guest" , to see what happens)

Otherwise Airbnb should have a look at it.

best regards,

Emiel

Thank you Emiel! I tried playing with the settings and now, if you do a search for a house in the area, the listing shows up for up to 4 people with different prices depending on the number of people. However, trying to book directly still has the problem. I'll give it some time to update and if it doesn't work, I'll try contacting Airbnb to help. Thank you so much for the help! 

Donnette0
Level 1
Kingston, Jamaica

Hi Liz, I am having a serious problem, my listing here is $15us but it's for a bunk, not the whole entire room,  

How do i change that , 

Donnette0
Level 1
Kingston, Jamaica

I have gotten 2 guess staying I in my Hostel ,they book here, but the money that they pay is only for one bunk,  how can I correct that

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Donnette0,

You have to set the fee for the extra guest, then when a group is booking price is calculated according the amount of people.

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/1507/how-do-i-add-a-fee-for-additional-guests-to-my-listing

But you can only accept 1 booking, as you have 1 listing. So if 2 people book nobody else can book the  remaining beds on same dates via your listing.

The solution is to create a listing for each bed, so each bed can be booked separately.

Best regards,

Emiel