Direction/guidance for first time user reservation requests - an informative/personal approach

Michael257
Level 3
Largo, FL

Direction/guidance for first time user reservation requests - an informative/personal approach

For Airbnb:
For four years, we have maintained a super host status with our company. I believe I have been rated less than 5 stars *****, but just a couple of times (really!) and once was for our location not being on the beach, when it's clearly stated that we are not on the beach! We do our best, to be the best we can be; we also enjoy every aspect of being hosts. We promote Airbnb every chance we get and have never rented without using Airbnb. this is our life line; a major income factor for us.
We hosts need your help; Please consider:
95% of our bookings are from people new to Airbnb with very little idea of what this organization stands for, how it works or how to properly approach a host for a reservation. Initially when attempting to reserve, they provide no information about themselves unless asked, but yet we as hosts are expected to be transparent and forthcoming in all respects; no problem as I believe transparency is foundational. I have discovered that most of these people do not become familiar with the house rules, house manual, let alone the introductions/biographies of our properties. I have asked many of them questions about the Airbnb suggestions/prescriptions for the process of procuring a rental and I am surprised with the lack of direction presented by Airbnb. Many look a the pictures and read a few reviews, which becomes the basis for their interest in a particular property. For myself, I simply can not approve a reservation request with no information from prospective renters. And although they have "verified" status, they are complete strangers, coming to our homes, to our families - using/compromising  our major investment; our homes. All parties concerned must agree there is a good fit. So, therefore, instead of an immediate approval, I am forced to delay approval with emails seeking said information, and I know many times I lose a reservation because of this, even though my words are carefully chosen employing a most diplomatic and sincere approach.
As I have in the past, I am asking that Airbnb take a much more supportive role in aiding our reservation request challenges. For me, I have mastered the maneuvers of a successfully accepted format, but I know I need all the assistance possible and if more direction is given in the introductory phase of Airbnb orientation, we could all be served at a much higher level.
Please reach out to me as I believe I could be very helpful with this transformative approach, especially with those experiencing us for the first time.

0 Replies 0