Dirty guests who don't leave a review - so we cant warn other hosts by giving them an honest review

Dirty guests who don't leave a review - so we cant warn other hosts by giving them an honest review

We had some really awful, dirty guests recently who left our place in a real mess - food stains on bed linen,  rubbish all over the place, sandy towels on the sofa, very unpleasant things in the bathroom, lights and fans left running. very disrespectful. 

They didn't leave  a review - we sent one - 3 stars for everything aside from communication for which we gave them a 4 star rating (they telephoned us and asked for a late checkout which we gave them). 

I noticed this person had a review from 2017 which was complimentary but nothing since then

How do we warn other hosts?   

4 Replies 4

@Emma2545   https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/13/reviews-for-stays

1. Reviews are only posted after a) both parties have completed theirs, or b) the 14-day period has ended—whichever comes first

If it's been less than 14 days since checkout, you'll just have to wait for your review to appear. 

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Emma2545  I'm not sure where the false idea that both parties have to leave a review for either to appear comes from, but it is not the case. 

Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

@Emma2545   Once the 14th day has passed, you should see your review of the guest. I recently had a poor guest who did not review me.  My review of them did get published and will hopefully save another host from a bad experience.  

Thank you very much. I’m very new to this but have been solidly booked since opening in May. Most guests are lovely and leave things in good order. It’s the one in 20 that are just dreadful that I’m sure bother us all. I was initially worried about saying something negative but then I thought I owed to all of us to be honest.