Discount overrides my minimum stay

Discount overrides my minimum stay

Hi,

I pretty much have same price and a minimum stay of 2 nights during the entire year except holidays. During holidays, I have set up a minimum of 7 days.  But I have also set up a discount for 7 days stay (meant for outside the holiday season).  This discount should apply only to the stays outside of the holiday season. How do I accomplish this? As of now - whoever books 7 days during the holiday season get also the discount which is not the intent.

Thanks,  Tamara

6 Replies 6
Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@Tamara274  The only way to do this is to add the discounted amount back into the pricing for the holidays. I.E. $250 x 1.20 = $300 then they get the 20% percent discount on the $300 so you'd end up at $240. If you want that $250 make the price a tad higher. 

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

Hello @Tamara274

You can add a ruleset for the holiday period (First select this period on the Multicalender, and add the ruleset on the screen on the right. Do not forget to save twice (!): first the ruleset itself and after that to apply the rule) and set the discount for 1 week to 0%. It should overrule the normal discount, as mentioned in the Help.

But it's always a good idea to check (after making the ruleset) the results on your listing by simulating a booking.

PLease note: pricing with rulessets does not work when using "Smart pricing"

Hope this helps,

Emiel

@Emiel1  When I first start on AirBnB and had a weekly discount (don't anymore) I tried this for Easter week and AirBnB still gave them the dang discount even though I had it set like you just explained and saved. When I called about it they said they were sorry there was a glitch in the system and offered to cancel the reservation penalty free, so I just left the price stand but I don't trust it anymore lol...

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Letti0That's why i allways suggest to test if it's working as expected.

@Emiel1  I was an idiot and did not test it, just assumed it would work and we know what that means lol...

Thank you, guys - I think I will work around it by not offering the weekly discount but write it in the description and add a special price when accepting the reservation.  I don't want any surprises 🙂  Thank you so much for your replies.  Awesome community!