Discounts for highly rated guests.

Answered!
Ryan845
Level 2
Tallahassee, FL

Discounts for highly rated guests.

I have usually always taken any guest if they had reviews or not.  

However lately I have had issues with guests that have no reviews.  At this point I would prefer to host for guests that have good reviews and I think a nice way to do that would be able to offer discounts for those guests.  

1 Best Answer
Richard2262
Level 2
Bratislava, Slovakia

@Ryan845 I absolutely agree, @Airbnb should take advantage of their rating system they already have and allow hosts to create (optional) discounts for guests with good ratings. That is nothing else than a positive motivation for guests to behave more respectfully. Their rival Booking makes dozen different kind of discounts (mostly just senseless marketing). This is actually the one discount which makes very good sense and I believe many hosts would get onboard to motivate guests for better behavior.

View Best Answer in original post

17 Replies 17

@Ryan845  Why would I raise my price? I don't get low-rated, or high-risk guests- I haven't had a bad guest in over 3 years of hosting- they've all been great. My listing and my price attracts exactly the guests I want.

Your experience is not applicable to all.

Well hopefully you don’t have any bad guests and like I said it should be optional.

Richard2262
Level 2
Bratislava, Slovakia

@Ryan845 I absolutely agree, @Airbnb should take advantage of their rating system they already have and allow hosts to create (optional) discounts for guests with good ratings. That is nothing else than a positive motivation for guests to behave more respectfully. Their rival Booking makes dozen different kind of discounts (mostly just senseless marketing). This is actually the one discount which makes very good sense and I believe many hosts would get onboard to motivate guests for better behavior.