Discrepancy in pricing on my dashboard versus what potential guests see

Amy2142
Level 2
Houston, TX

Discrepancy in pricing on my dashboard versus what potential guests see

I am very confused. When I look at Dec. 22 - 25 for 1 guest at my listing (not logged in as a host), it shows $2,926 TOTAL costs. When I look on my dashboard at a Preview of what guests will pay it says $2,279. I had a friend look from her phone and it says $2,279. Why when I look it showing almost $800 more to  book? I'm scared potential guests will also see that high price and get scared off! THanks in advance for any help!What a friend sees when she searches as a potential guestWhat a friend sees when she searches as a potential guestWhat I see when I search as a potential guestWhat I see when I search as a potential guestWhat my hosting dashboard says as a preview of what guests will payWhat my hosting dashboard says as a preview of what guests will pay

6 Replies 6
Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

The nightly prices are so different @Amy2142.  First it's $532 a night, then it's $684 a night, then it's $533 a night.  I don't know exactly why that is, but when I went and put in the same dates as a potential guest, I got the lower rate of $532 a night.

There was a rumor going around a few years ago that people with bad reviews were shown higher prices.  Maybe people who are not logged in or don't have accounts are shown higher prices?  (Your high example above came when you say you were not logged in.)  

Bob297
Level 10
Bilthoven, Netherlands

@Amy2142 @Ann72 
The difference seems to be US$ CAN$ (factor 1.28)

Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

Your friend isn't in Canada, is she, @Amy2142 ? Could it be the difference between Canadian and US dollars? It almost exactly matches the current exchange rate.

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Amy2142 

The higher price is in CAD (Canadian Dollar), the lower price is in USD (the right one for you)

Change currency a bottom of the listing when browsing a listing.

Amy2142
Level 2
Houston, TX

That's it! No clue how that happened but that fixed it! Thank you all!

Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

@Emiel1 @Lawrene0 @Bob297 ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™€๏ธ