Disgusted and saddened

Answered!
Julie-Ann24
Level 2
New York, NY

Disgusted and saddened

I’m not happy with Airbnb and I’ve been using other platforms. Does anyone want to share other platforms that have successfully worked well for you? I am using 2 others, one which is working very well... just looking for some suggestions because:

1. Airbnb is impossible to reach. And when they get back to you after 3 or 4 days on chat, they NEVER answer you clearly... it’s always a riddle sent with an attached article. 
2. This summer, they attempted to deter people from renting by place, for no good reason as I have 5 stars across the board, and so did the guests. In fact they told guests to, “try a hotel instead”. When I asked why, again, no real answer.

3. They are forcing NYC hosts to share our short term rental information with the city... A TOTAL INVASION of personal and financial privacy. 
4. They REFUSE to accept any responsibility for the possibility of squatters, which is the real reason I do short term rentals, to avoid that nightmare all together . 

I really don’t care to hear anyone defend Airbnb, because I’ve done that myself several times and now see that other hosts are right about the platform... it’s more of a liability to a host that an asset. I’m sure I’m not the only one feeling this way. I’m also sure that some of you have figured out ways of working with Airbnb without the nonsense. I’d love to hear from some of you who have. 
Thanks in advance❤️

1 Best Answer
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Julie-Ann24 

I have learned to ignore the nonsense, strictly go by the rules, minimize CS contact and maximize self-support. See Airbnb mainly as a booking-platform, ruled by Artificial Intelligence Software.

Anything more is just bonus if you get it done, or annoyance if rejected (or vanished into thin air).

Happy hosting,

Emiel

View Best Answer in original post

1 Reply 1
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Julie-Ann24 

I have learned to ignore the nonsense, strictly go by the rules, minimize CS contact and maximize self-support. See Airbnb mainly as a booking-platform, ruled by Artificial Intelligence Software.

Anything more is just bonus if you get it done, or annoyance if rejected (or vanished into thin air).

Happy hosting,

Emiel