Disgusting Guests

Answered!
Hillary29
Level 2
Winnipeg, Canada

Disgusting Guests

Hi there,

I just recently started co-hosting for a condo that is newly listed on Airbnb and so far it's been really positive - until this past weekend.

We had a groupf guests booked and up to their check-in they were very responsive and pleasant. Once they checked out and our concierge went into the condo to clean she found it in a complete disaster. I'm talking vomit and human feces in the master bedroom and just general mess and disorder through the rest of the condo.

Our concierge is an angel and cleaned as best she could but that means more time billed for her hours and then we also are hiring a professional carpet cleaning company to deep clean because we are horrified about what those people did and totally grossed out.

My question is, what steps do we take to cover the expenses? The guests who made the mess is no longer responding and we are out over $400 to cover cleaning. I should also mention that our security charge in the listing was only at $200 which we will have to consider increasing for the future.

Thank you!

1 Best Answer

@Hillary29   Sounds disgusting.  This is an article on how to claim, you need docmentation, quotes for repair etc.   Also check out Host Guarantee.  There is a time-limit.

View Best Answer in original post

3 Replies 3

@Hillary29   Sounds disgusting.  This is an article on how to claim, you need docmentation, quotes for repair etc.   Also check out Host Guarantee.  There is a time-limit.

Thank you Ange, once I sent the claim through the Resolution Centre the guest was qick to send compensation.

Gordon0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

As @Hillary29  said, there's a very rigid time limit on this. Have you chatted w/Airbnb CS already? If not, get on it.