Disturbing Sounds of 3 Way Sex

Denise13
Level 2
Sarasota, FL

Disturbing Sounds of 3 Way Sex

I just left a very honest reveiw for a first time user to Airbnb that rented the smallest studio room in the middle of my other rentals. I was out of town and my other tenants stated that a 3-way rough sex romp was going on for many hours in the middle of the night. The men were fighting, lots of yelling, the woman complaining of pain, lots of sex sounds and totally upsetting to my other tenants so that I basically how I put it in the review. Stating I would never host this woman again and totally inappropriate. But now I am a bit worried if I should have been so honest with what my other tenants stated if I was not present? 

BTW people have sex all the time and that is not the issue... but the other tenants stated this was above and beyond normal.

I also wrote Airbnb and suggested they discountinue her as a guest but have not heard a thing. 

9 Replies 9
Michele39
Level 10
New Orleans, LA

Has the guest responded? In other words, did they deny or refute it?

Also I wonder why someone didn't call the police if it sounded like fighting or the woman was in pain.

I asked the same question but it appears people do not want to get involved. Also, from what I hear, the men were quite big and muscular and nobody wanted to confront them or risk their own safety. She gave a nice review of the unit but has not responded to what I wrote. 

Christine1
Level 10
Glenbrook, Australia

@Denise13,

Hi Denise,

It's not uncommon for people to leave home for a range of special occasion activities. It's also not their complete responsibility to provide soundproofing privacy for other guests if their activities were in their allocated room. Were 3 guests booked? and did you have some general pre-approval discussion about the nature of their accommodation needs. Having said that, many hosts have house rules with specific notes around noise limits. You might need to re-write yours and place them on the beside table. #: )

If you are letting multiple rooms in a regular type of dwelling, then regardless of the example you provided there are risks that some groups will disturb the others. These disturbances/occurances are best managed out of existance through screening and matching.

Passing on 3rd party feedback ,and including it in a public review is essentially heresay, and not the most desirable way to resolve these issues.

Apologies and recompense may be due to the other guests from yourself as the responsible host, since the 3some were your invited guests.

Next step is to evaluate what steps you can take, to ensure harmonious and compatible guest stays in future, eg. earplugs, volume control and removing the adult channel from the cable TV.  Just kidding, but find what works best for you and your guests.

Don't forget to still thank the 3-some for choosing to stay with you/Airbnb, and find a diplomatic way to advise them about their future accommodation choices.

Sincere Sincere Regards, Christine

The booking was very specific that it was just herself and her boyfriend. That they were coming to visit her boyfriends best friend who lived in the area. The room is small with a full sized bed. The unit states it accommodates only 2 maximum.

Based on your feedback, should I change my review and how do I do that? Personally, I would want to know if someone had this issue with a guest instead of not knowing but I respect I am new at this and could be wrong on my approach, hence asking the question.

Thank you, Denise

@Denise13,

F YI: Here's some of what Airbnb has to say on the topic of reviews.

https://www.airbnb.com.au/help/search?q=reviews

Well on a lighter note, I had a little chuckle when you said they explained they were coming to visit the boyfriends best friend!! Certainly appears that they very good friends. But it may have been a "transactional relationship" since it would have been better to enjoy each others company at the boyfriend's" boyfriend's" house, and one can speculate as to why that did not occur. But I don't bother wondering, I am not curious to understand what is not my business, I have my next guest to care for. The reason it's worthwhile for you to understand any guest conduct is so that you can manage your listing and confidently create a safe place for yourself and all your guests.

Based on this extra detail, your house rule may have been violated or guest numbers exceeded. But then again if he left at 3am, did he really stay over, he didn't get much sleep......

Keep in mind, if your review has already been written, then you have a time limit to edit it- but if the guest writes and posts a review, that editing window is over  and both reviews are posted.

Just keep it simple, if you know yourself there was an extra person because you saw them or had a reliable eyewitness or two then you could state that guest numbers were exceeded. The accommodation may not have been the best match to their travel needs as your place has other guests who are sharing the household and therefore suits extra quiet guests, a fully self-contained, exclusive use appartment might be a better match in future, that sort of thing.

Hope this helps.

Funny Christine!!  I actually can laugh about it now and when I was listening to my other tenants replay the ordeal, I probably should have stepped back for a few days and rethought my review.

Andrea9
Level 10
Amsterdam, Netherlands

@Denise13

The things guests do!! It's as if they think it's cool to take liberties in other people's homes they'd never think of doing in their own.

Interesting is that when I click on your guest's name (Cindy is it?) I get the 'Oops' ice-cream girl. In a funny kind of way that does reflect your experience haha. So looks like Airbnb scrubbed her profile.

Her husband whatever will now have to use his own profile  for when they set up their next special practices 3-some with another unfortunate and unwitting host  😕

Thank you Andrea for your input. 

Thank you Christine, I appreciate your input. I feel I could have handled it better in my review which I cannot change as she has already left a review as well. Hopefully there will be no next time to practice the lessons learned from this 🙂