Do I need to preapprove someone when they make an enquiry?

Pamela553
Level 2
Belfast, United Kingdom

Do I need to preapprove someone when they make an enquiry?

We have only been registered two weeks & already have 11 bookings (two have been & gone, the third is ongoing).

However, I’ve a couple of enquiries, about parking etc, which have given the option of ‘preapprove/decline’ at the bottom of the enquiry. One I did preapprove, it gave the option to block off the days, which I accepted, only for the person to never come back to me and the preapproval to expire. However, those days were closed to any potential guests during that time.

What would others advise?

Pamela

6 Replies 6
Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

@Pamela553 

All you have to do is reply to the guests message & the clock will stop counting down, sometimes you have to refresh your screen for the clock to disappear.

Click the link for more info:

https://www.airbnb.co.uk/help/article/2410/what-can-i-do-when-i-get-a-booking-inquiry

Pamela553
Level 2
Belfast, United Kingdom

Hi Thanks Jeff, really appreciate your advice. It is quite overwhelming the way it has taken off. I guess things will calm down soon. I think the enquiry where I blocked the days and then the person disappeared really threw me. 

Best Regards

Pamela

Gordon0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

While I often pre-approve, @Pamela553, I never block the days. A bird in the hand and all that... 

Pamela553
Level 2
Belfast, United Kingdom

Thanks Gordon. Great advice.

Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA

@Pamela553 new listings are boosted in search results so you may find it calms down a little as time goes on. But if you continue to book at such a rapid clip, you might be underpriced and may want to consider gradually raising your price, especially as you accrue more excellent reviews.

Pamela553
Level 2
Belfast, United Kingdom

Thanks for your feedback Lisa, really appreciate it. We want to get a few reviews, then increase the amount gradually, as you suggest.