Do I review a booking that did not show up?

Kylie0
Level 1
Mudgeeraba, Queensland, Australia

Do I review a booking that did not show up?

Hi Everyone.   I had a booking it was for two nights and the guests did not arrive and not really any communication.   Do I bother doing a review or just ignore? 

Thank you 

Kylie

3 Replies 3
Deb0
Level 9
Mendocino, CA

I'm curious, was there any communication from the guest or were they a no show without even letting you know? Did they leave you waiting without making contact? Did they request a refund for the reservation?

Personally I prefer to avoid negativity (unless it was something that would impact future hosts) so I probably would not review.

Deborah0
Level 10
California, United States

Airbnb doesn't allow reviews to be done if the guest didn't actually stay in your place. I found that out because I had that happen.  So just do no review --- it is possible to write one if the guest didn't cancel, but you arent' supposed to write one if the guest didn't actually stay.  

Kompit0
Level 1
Bangkok, Thailand

I just had the same problem happened to me. How did you deal with it?

As for my case, the guest did communicate to me just hours prior to her check in time, and say she cannot come any more, and that she was willing to pay for the two nights she booked for. I thought it was fair enough of her.

But what do I do regarding reviews?

Best,

Kompit