Do not understand how the new calculation works

Brenda18
Level 1
Burnaby, Canada

Do not understand how the new calculation works

I charge 58 per night with monthly discount of 50%. I have a request for 28 days which offers a payout of 723 less 3%.

I figure it should be 28 days x 58 x 50% off = 812 less 3%
I don't understand.

Thanks,

Brenda

2 Replies 2
Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Hi @Brenda18,

Check to see if you set a monthly rate.  I am willing to bet you set a montly rate of $800.  Check out below the discount percentage where it states "You can also set a custom price for a specific week or month".  Click on month and see if you have set $800.

You can also check out my Help Guide on this: https://community.airbnb.com/t5/General-Hosting/Setting-a-Discount-for-Weekly-Monthly-or-Custom-Week...

Custom Monthly Rates

custom monthly.png

Good luck!

Dave

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

Brenda18
Level 1
Burnaby, Canada

You are absolutely right! I don't remember doing that but remember being frustrated when the new pricing structure came into play. I guess I figured I was giving people a deal to 'cap' the amount to $800 (being $800 for 28 days, 30 days or 31 days for example, giving them a deal instead of $900 for 31 days) and not that it would break down the day rate (800/31x28=722).  I'm just used to a monthly rate holding to the monthly amount regardless of the exact number of days whereby that monthly rate would kick in when a daily or weekly rate would calcualte to be much higher. The deal is $800 not to be used to reduce the rate to 25/day!

I'm not sure how to make sure they do not pay more than $800 for 3-4 weeks while at the same time I always get the whole $800 even if they stay a couple days less than 30/31 days or not less than $29 a day unless $800 kicks in for a max 30/31 days.

I babble!  Thank you so much for figuring that out so quickly! 

Have a great weekend!

Brenda