Do you find the guest's information suffilient? I don't

Robert40
Level 2
Singapore

Do you find the guest's information suffilient? I don't

I look at the guest profile and usually all I get is the school they whent to and whether they are verified or not. Sometimes I can't even determinie the guest's gender! Thi is unaceptable... we are letting people in our houses but can't get to know anything about them! Pick yopur game up AirBnB! construct a guest profile that is meaningfull and usefull to the host.

3 Replies 3
Robert40
Level 2
Singapore

I had 2 instances were the lack of detail in the guest profile caused problems. First I accepted a guest.. the photo looked like a male and the name was foreign.. it turned out to be a female that was to share a room, had to ask another guest to share and give her the single room. I should not be having to do this. Second, I accepted a guest for 40 day stay, the profile said was a professional in finance and nothing else, on facebook and other research it turned out this person had history ofcausing problems for people by complaining to the authoroties about everything, so I cancelled... problem is that AirBnB BLOCKED MY CALANDAR FOR THE 40 DAYS! so I can't accept anybody else

Marcus0
Level 10
Berlin, DE

You need to ask them either to complete their profile further before you accept their request, or collect additional information from them at check-in, BEFORE YOU HAND OVER THE KEYS.

This is why instant book is not great.  I had a guy by the name of "A" book with us once .....

I still think AirBnB should be more considerate to hosts and construct a guest profile that is meaningfull and usefull to the host. We are letting people into our homes, AirBnB should know that