Do you get more work travelers with a relaxed cancellation policy?

Do you get more work travelers with a relaxed cancellation policy?

I am considering changing my cancellation policy in order to get more work travelers. Have you experienced this? If you have a relaxed cancellation policy, do you get more cancellations? I don't know if that would work well for our financial planning. Please discuss. Thank you! 

2 Replies 2
Solveig0
Level 10
Lørslev, Denmark

Hi @Katie-and-Matthew0 , 

I didn't find I got less travellers on strict cancellation policies, but my experience was that those that wanted to cancel, would find a way to cancel either way - and with more hassle for me - on strict policy. So for me I've not had more cancellations, but the cancellations I've had have been easier.   

But what are your experiences with work travelleres in general? I don't see more cancellations with work travellers than I do with other types of travellers, but we're in different countries and different locations and people don't behave the same...

Try it out! You can always revert it!

Yours, 

Solveig

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

To be honest there is no way of you actually  knowing this, unless you split test your listing, using exactly the same listing with the same reviews one with a flexible cancellation and one with strict - and of course you can’t do this.

There are far too many variables that affect a listing other than your cancellation policy.