Do you have to update your airbnb calendar

Do you have to update your airbnb calendar

I have a high end property and as a result I very rarely get inquires at AIR bnb and I would like to know if it is a requirement to update my calendar?

If someone wants to book us, they will be able to send a request to check availability right.

6 Replies 6
Ria16
Level 10
Northland, New Zealand

@Patrick0 Yes  I would imagine you would have to update your calendar unless you had a sync thing going on with your other host site. Potential  bookers can look at your calendar and see which days are available and then  request to book.  Nice place 😉 

Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

@Patrick, You have "instant book" selected so I could book any available date that I see. You would get an email/message that my reservation is confirmed. If you want guests to have to “request to book” you need to turn instant booking off.

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/1510/how-do-i-turn-instant-book-on-or-off

Thanks that was perfect, just made the change.  thanks

Ok, but now it seems that I can no longer see my listing if I do a search.   I saw other properties that did not do insta book but they still appear on the search.

Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

@Patrick942,  I can still see your listing when searching "Taveuni Island." Unfortunetly, Airbnb favors "instant booking" so will likely put those listings higher in the search results. I found your listing at the bottom of page 2. Luckily, there are only 30 or Airbnb options on your island so shouldn't get lost in the search. To find your listing, try logging out and searching.

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Patrick942

Update your calendar regulary. First - it is fair to prospective guests. Second - if you decline to much requests your search ranking will be affected and eventually you may be delisted.