Dodgy shower thermostat - how much to refund?

Harriet148
Level 1
St Agnes, United Kingdom

Dodgy shower thermostat - how much to refund?

Hi all,

I found out from my last guests that the thermostatic valve in the shower in my property is playing up so the shower is going hot and cold. There's no bath in the house and no other place to shower. I have people arriving today and they are happy with the plumber coming to fix the shower on Thursday but they will have 3 nights with the dodgy shower so I want to give them a little refund for those days. Is 10% refund for those 3 days adequate or should it be more? Thanks in advance, H

2 Replies 2

@Harriet148  It's hard to put a monetary value on the comfort of a hot shower. If there happened to be a place nearby with nice bathing opportunities (spa, gym, pool, etc) I'd try to comp the guests some passes in hopes that they'd come away feeling like they got an unexpected treat out of the inconvenience.

If that's not an option, 20% seems to be the normal refund guests can squeeze from Airbnb when there's an issue with a primary amenity. 

Sudsrung0
Level 10
Rawai, Thailand

First, why didn't the guest tell while they was there? Recently I had a guest complain about the internet in his review, There was a problem with it had he have told me during his stay I could have fixed it,

Why offer refunds? Let them bring the subject up first, people do understand things can go wrong as long as you are seen to be doing something about it, 

I just remembered 2 guys rented a villa with us and they did the same told me afterwards they had no hot water in the shower, it was only a fuse which was fixed as soon as I knew about it,