Does Airbnb not post/post reviews in strange order?

Answered!

Does Airbnb not post/post reviews in strange order?

I'm a Super Host wondering if anyone else had the issue of Airbnb failing to post reviews?

I've hosted for a decade and only in the past month experienced their not putting up reviews that were 5 star glowing reports about my beach cottage.

When I phone support they say they see them and that will be up for the public in a few days -- that was 10 days ago and the review from this past week's guest is already up but the previous ones don't show up either on the website or when I check preview on my phone.

If one of you can check my link and see if you spot reviews by Vanessa or Aude I'd be grateful -- pls. send me a screen shot -- here's the link to my property.https://www.airbnb.co.uk/manage-your-space/311272/details

Many thanks & happy hosting!

Carey

1 Best Answer

@Carey-Adina0  The idea behind this ordering of reviews is that reviews from a user's home country will appear first when they look at your listing. It can look a bit weird when most of your guests are domestic travelers, but it can be a plus when you have a lot of international visitors. 

View Best Answer in original post

21 Replies 21

@Carey-Adina0   Here is the correct link to your listing: https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/311272

Both Vanessa and Aude's reviews appear on the listing. However, they're not quite in chronological order - the order in which reviews appear depends on which country's domain you're browsing from. When using .com, Aude's review will appear last, but look what happens when you view the listing from the French domain:  https://www.airbnb.fr/rooms/311272

Anyway, no need to worry - your reviews haven't run away. 

Andrew thanks but I tried your link too & tried to search for Vanessa -- nothing.

Never previously even with guests from other countries have reviews appeared out of date order.

Do you want to send me a screen shot with her & Aude's review?

many many Thanks.

C

Bruno1316
Level 2
Coopers Shoot, Australia

Wow - glad I just read that. I had a terribly disappointing conversation with Airbnb rep the other day on this exact issue, and he kept saying the same thing / yes that certain review is visible in the right order but when I check it’s way down the list yet it was only a week ago. 
Those guests were from the uk - so perhaps this thread provides some of the answer. Not that I agree with it!

Shame the Airbnb rep had no idea!

Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

@Carey-Adina0 

What baffles me, as always, is why customer support cannot point you to the correct information. Instead, they will tell you any lie/excuse to close the conversation.

See here:

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/1885/why-arent-my-reviews-shown-in-order

If you go to your listing page and click "Show all 53 Reviews," you will see Aude and Venessa review towards the bottom of the list. But as Andrews says, those reviews will appear first to some users depending on where they are searching from. Also note, that on your profile the reviews do show up in chronological order. 

Screen Shot 2021-05-11 at 8.03.20 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-05-11 at 8.04.41 AM.png

Hi Emilia,

Thanks so much for your insight.   Do you agree that Airbnb should be asked to improve this feature?

Cheers,

Carey

@Carey-Adina0 Yes, of course! But I believe this is how it has been set up from day one. Airbnb doesn't seem to have any desire to change it.

@Carey-Adina0  The idea behind this ordering of reviews is that reviews from a user's home country will appear first when they look at your listing. It can look a bit weird when most of your guests are domestic travelers, but it can be a plus when you have a lot of international visitors. 

Hi Andrew,

Well I wonder if Airbnb shouldn't allow for hosts to choose which assortment they prefer or to have a column for domestic and another in foreign language or international.  

If you're someone on the steering board of hosts or know someone who is, the a couple of other simple things Airbnb could do to make life simpler is to have a check off box for pets so that guests pay that fee automatically NOT as a resolution centre item.  Mine is $50 regardless of week or month stay but still it's a nuisance.

Second, my cottage is waterfront.  There is no filter to search for that only a pool which seems unfair.

Last, Ive been a superheat many times but that status should conferred yearly not seasonally --it's not fair to those who own ski or beach places that through no shortcoming as host are just places less popular in off season!  No need to respond and I'm in a work thing for the rest of the day.

Cheers,

Carey

@Carey-Adina0  These are all good suggestions. The pet fee item is one that a lot of hosts have been begging for for years, but so far Airbnb has not chosen to address it. 

I also like the idea of adding search filters such as "waterfront." As a guest, I find that the search tools work great for inner-city listings, but they always miss the mark when I'm looking for a rural destination.

If it were up to me, the "Superhost" designation would just be scrapped altogether; I've never found anything useful about it.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Carey-Adina0 I am also in an area that rents seasonally, but even though Superhost is assessed quarterly, as it is based on the previous 365 days of activity, not just that quarter, it hasn't been that hard to meet the stats.

Sally799
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

Please could anyone tell me if I can retract a review?

@Sally799  A user can ask customer service for their own review to be removed.

I am wondering why you want to do this, though. If you are refering to the review you left for Rubens, and want to retract it because you mentioned inattention to check-out procedures, just because he left you a nice review, please don't.

Reviews are meant to be honest, not you leave me a good review and I'll leave you one. An honest review helps your fellow hosts. Future hosts will know to impress things on him that he failed to do at your place and guests can learn to be better guests by getting honest reviews.

Suzanne386
Level 3
Mumbai, India

I cannot understand why my recent guest’s lovely review was pushed down after one I had received in 2018. Shouldn’t all potential guests have the right to read the most recent reviews first, regardless of which part of the world they’re from? I have been a Superhost for the past 4 years, and I haven’t had this problem before. Can Airbnb change this?

Snehal1
Level 2
Vadodara, India

One of My guest likes the Place very much but does not wish to give Review as it is Shown in Public.  He does not want to Revel  his identity as Guest to Public.   Can He Just do the Rating Part and leave the Public Part Open.  Will that Review be shown as complete.