Does Cohosting effect superhost status

Amanda2011
Level 1
Springfield, MO

Does Cohosting effect superhost status

I have a cool property at Forest Garden Yurts. I get great reviews without asking because it is pretty unique.

My friends own my second listing Studio 7 at Reeds Spring Pizza Company. I set up and host it for them. It never occurred to me that it’s location would only get 4-stars. We are 1 hour from Springfield, Mo and several guests booked and canceled straight away because they were looking in Springfield. We are 20 minutes to Branson so it is an out of the way place but still possible for Branson travel. 

I feel like I beg for 5-star reviews and when I don’t, I get 4 on location, saying it’s budget friendly, great pizza downstairs, they would return.

Do I keep the listing going and potentially lose superhost status? Do I hand it over to my friends? If I do that does cohosting effect my superhost status at the other my main listing? 

3 Replies 3
Paul1255
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Amanda2011  I hope you are well!

The safest way to manage a listing on behalf of someone else is for it to be listed on the owners profile, and for you to be added as a co-host, that way anything that happens in terms of reviews at the other listing won't have an effect on your Superhost status or standing on the platform.

Paul

Hello, I have a question similar to this situation. If I were to cohost a brand new listing and did my profile as the cohost, since I am currently a SUPERHOST will that property be instantly shown as a SUPERHOST property?