Does anyone have an opinion on why they're rewarding fraudsters?

The fraud with double registration is concerned, it has been reported to specialized team at least two three times and certainly nothing happened !!!
www.airbnb.gr/rooms/23764912
www.airbnb.gr/rooms/12924141

19 Replies 19

@Kostas61  Saying the same thing over and over again doesn't make it more persuasive.

OFFICIAL REPLY FROM AIRBNB SUPPORT

It's not allowed to have duplicate listings. It's a violation of our terms and it might be subject to account sanctions.

Terms of Service
https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/2908

https://www.airbnb.com/hospitality

We do not agree with duplicate listing and for this reason I have forwarded your report to a specialized team.

On other serious platforms they would not only download the publication right away, but it would never go up again. Is it legal to present the same property with different prices, slightly different photos and at another spot on the map? If you think that this is legitimate, and in the context of the healthy competition  then everything's  fine

@Kostas61 

I did a test for 6 people from the 23rd of June till the 30th of June, the price is 3243€ for each listing.

So it is the same price.

Even if it was a different price, it is legal.

To publish many listings is legal even if it is the same place.

The risk is to get 2 bookings at the same dates and to cancel one of them.

It is also legal to publish your listing on other websites.

Some people publish the same listing with different prices because equipments are different.

Ex : sheet are provided in one case and travellers have to bring their sheet if they book the cheaper one.

@Mike-And-Jane0 

A well known fraud is to use Airbnb to be contacted and then ask the prospect to pay outside the plateform.

OFFICIAL REPLY FROM AIRBNB SUPPORT

It's not allowed to have duplicate listings. It's a violation of our terms and it might be subject to account sanctions.

Terms of Service
www.airbnb.com/help/article/2908

www.airbnb.com/hospitality

We do not agree with duplicate listing and for this reason I have forwarded your report to a specialized team.