Does anyone have an opinion on why they're rewarding fraudsters?

The fraud with double registration is concerned, it has been reported to specialized team at least two three times and certainly nothing happened !!!
www.airbnb.gr/rooms/23764912
www.airbnb.gr/rooms/12924141

19 Replies 19
Alexandra316
Level 10
Lincoln, Canada

@Kostas61 What makes you think these listings are fraudulent?

It's a deception when it's the same property.
You present it in a different location with some different
pictures

On other serious platforms they would not only download the publication right away, but it would never go up again. Is it legal to present the same property with different prices, slightly different photos and at another spot on the map? If you think that this is legitimate, and in the context of the healthy competition, then everything's fine.

@Kostas61  As a matter of policy, Airbnb does not usually disclose to a private user what action they take on another user's account. 

He's not doing any action, he's keeping the fraud on the platform.
It's been a year.
I didn't wanted any information, but an action.

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Kostas61 I don't see how this fraud would actually work. The host will not get sent money until the guest checks in so if the listing doesn't exist then the host will not benefit.

What do you think is fraudulent?

IT IS UNEQUAL TO OTHER HOSTS IN THE SAME AREA.
THE SAME LISTENING IS TWICE FROM THE SAME HOST.
IS IT ALLOWED AT AIRBNB? IS IT FAIR?
CAN I LISTEN MY PROPERTIES TWO AND THREE TIMES?

OFFICIAL REPLY FROM AIRBNB SUPPORT

It's not allowed to have duplicate listings. It's a violation of our terms and it might be subject to account sanctions.

Terms of Service
www.airbnb.com/help/article/2908

www.airbnb.com/hospitality

We do not agree with duplicate listing and for this reason I have forwarded your report to a specialized team.

@Kostas61 It's not against the rules for a host to have multiple listings for the same property, as long as they avoid double-booking.

Why do you feel this is so unfair to you? It's not as though the duplicate listing gives this host some kind of competitive advantage.

Presenting one property with different prices and in different locations ? Isn't that a fraud?

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Kostas61 There is no mention of any misrepresentation in any of the reviews. Surely the guests might have mentioned an issue as big as you allege in their reviews.

Presenting one property with different prices and in different locations ? Isn't that a fraud?

@Kostas61  Just because the Airbnb algorithm places the map pin in two different places does not mean that the host was deliberately misleading anyone. None of the previous guests have claimed that the location was inaccurate - the only apparent complaint was about the air conditioning.

Honestly it sounds more like you have a personal vendetta than that you're genuinely concerned about fraud. 

Presenting a property with two different listenings and prices? Isn't that a fraud?