Does anyone know how to get an Airbnb door sticker?

Answered!
Nalini14
Level 3
Reading, United Kingdom

Does anyone know how to get an Airbnb door sticker?

I get a lots of cars driving pass looking at everyone windows to find out our door number and/or see if this ressemble to our listings...We also have to put our heads out as soon we can to show guests we are not hiding from them!

Would be so nice to get a little extra from Airbnb such as a sign or a door/window sticker.

I saw a few for sale on amazon .com but they are not authorised by airbnb for copyrights reasons...I am thinking DIY but not sure of the end result lol

In the future, if we could guests/hosts share live location via the app like you can do on whatsapp for a few hours, would also be great..not sure what the community think abt this one?

Airbnb beside IKEA Reading~London
1 Best Answer
Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

19 Replies 19
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

There are lots of signs, stickers etc you can buy on Amazon which are authorised and which you can use. @Nalini14 

I just send guests a link to Google maps with a photo of the front of my house and instructions to reach me by car, train, bus or walking .

Haven't had a guest have difficulties in finding me in five years.

Perhaps try that and see if it helps?

Best Helen 

Nalini14
Level 3
Reading, United Kingdom

Thank you Helen for your reply, I have initially called Airbnb today prior publishing this post onto the community hub BCS I was told over the phone by Airbnb that Airbnb does not endorse these signs for sale on amazon for ie due to copyrights and was looking for an official version basically but from what I understood there are none available yet..

Guest do find us but usually have to go all the way down of our cul de sac to turn around at least once, I think a little sticker onto the front door window would do the trick magically..

@Nalini14  Make a sign yourself. You're an Airbnb host, I can't imagine there's anything wrong with using the logo so your guests don't get lost.

Nalini14
Level 3
Reading, United Kingdom

Thank you Sarah for joining this post, yes I am proudly an Airbnb host and added our fourth listing last week and for that particular reason I think  Airbnb should deliver a copyright version sticker that we could perhaps download/print for instance because otherwise anyone in the street could use those stickers for a non-official airbnb use and when you live within the London area the margin of error increase..

It would also be an extra layer of security and easy recognition to guests,  many  Hotels/Restaurants and hospitality venues have a variety of accolades as stickers at their door entrance for those reasons I believe..

@Nalini14  Sure, anyone could make their own, but I don't know what purpose someone putting an unoffical Airbnb sticker on their house would serve if they aren't hosting on Airbnb. 

And do you really think that guests would know the difference between a sticker someone bought off the internet or made themselves and an "official" one?

Nalini14
Level 3
Reading, United Kingdom

I think Sarah recognition is important, it helps people to make a distinction, why would other hospitality venues add hospitality culinary use stickers on their front doors like the Michelin guide, Gault et Millau, les grandes tables du monde or la chaîne des rôtisseurs and so many others..? 

you can't buy those sticker on the internet, they are officially delivered to you which I think airbnb should consider it's use..as the population grow so does airbnb..

For example if you are served by a master sommelier in a high culinary restaurant, they would wear their distinctive recognition badge otherwise you will never know..please rest assured I don't want a badge lol just an official sticker of various sizes to stick in the window corner..

Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

@Nalini14 

I bought this one a few years ago and I love it.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/604814120/airbnb-welcome-vinyl-decal

Nalini14
Level 3
Reading, United Kingdom

Screenshot 2021-06-11 at 20.22.32.png

They did not deliver the UK, so having a white door, I just bought this cute little one instead only 3 inches sticker @Emilia42 😁 I hope not to be in trouble with airbnb copyrights...🤞🏼

Nalini14
Level 3
Reading, United Kingdom

Wow @Emilia42 ! I love the Red One and etsy too btw, we bought lots of things from them this year since we moved in last Feb and had our refurbishment..

I hope Airbnb won't mind if I buy/use it though?..

You almost made my day here Emilia, tx!

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Nalini14  How do you foresee "getting in trouble"? Why would Airbnb care if an Airbnb host advertises Airbnb? They would be happy for the publicity.

And it's not like Airbnb has field agents driving around looking for uncopyrighted Airbnb logos. How on earth would they ever know you have an Airbnb logo on your door?

Nalini14
Level 3
Reading, United Kingdom

Hi Sarah @Sarah977 I think by reading this airbnb thread they would have a pretty good idea lol.

Pls bear in mind that i was told by airbnb over the phone today that I should not use nor buy this none official airbnb sticker for copyrights reasons.

@Nalini14  No one from Airbnb reads the posts here, nor would they care 🙂

By the way, I took a look at your listings. I love your sunroom, what a lovely spot to eat.

A couple of unsoliciting suggestions. 

I don't know if the term is used differently in Britain, but "outhouse" to North Americans means an outdoor, primitive toilet facility. "Private Outbuilding" is a better description of that listing.

And I would remove the photo taken from above with the open toilet lid.

Nalini14
Level 3
Reading, United Kingdom

Thank you @Sarah977 , I take note for the  "outhouse" but just bear in minds that I would not know exactly as how it sounds being originally from Mauritius Island, my husband would also be helpless as he is French and our daughter is born in Scotland and we live in London talking to someone called Sarah from Mexico..but I think yes I would change it, thank you.

I am thinking about Private outside studio..?

Yes the toilet one is beurk..we're getting a new dryer next Tuesday, so will retake a clean shot this time.

- Still I am making that tiny request to Airbnb for an official FREE stickers, I think it's needed.

@Nalini14  Yes, that's one of the cool things about this international forum- so many nationalities connecting. There are many terms in English that are used differently depending on what English-speaking country you are in. 

I used to get confused when Aussies on this forum referred to a "bench". In North America, a bench is a long seat which several people can sit on, but in Australia it apparently means what I would call a countertop.

I was going to suggest "Studio", but I'm not sure if a studio is something that is expected to have cooking facilities. Another definition to look up. Maybe instead of "outside" it might be better described as "Detached Private Studio", as long as the kitchen situation is made clear.

I live in Mexico, but am not Mexican-was born and raised in the US, and then became a Canadian citizen. And all my grandparents were Russian Jewish immigrants to the US. 

I love all the cultures represented here.

Your concern over using an official Airbnb sticker made me recall my brother and I asking our parents when we were kids, if we would go to jail if we removed the tag on the mattress that said "Do not remove under penalty of law"  🙂