Does report on "Booked earnings" include "Cleaning fees" revenue?

O-Neill0
Level 2
Graton, CA

Does report on "Booked earnings" include "Cleaning fees" revenue?

In the report on Performance / Earnings, is the "Booked earnings" revenue gross or net of the "Cleaning fees" number?

For example, if there's $20,000 booked earnings and $3,000 cleaning fees, is the gross revenue $23,000 or just the $20k?

7 Replies 7
Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

@O-Neill0 

Gross earnings refer to the total income before anything is deducted. You will then claim the cleaning fees you paid (if you in fact paid someone/a company to clean) and the Airbnb service fees as deductions on your taxes.

Yes, I understand gross earnings, but nowhere on the report does it use that term.

My question was what's included in "Booked earnings" show in the top-level performance report.

After drilling down more into details reports I found that number is gross of cleaning fees, also as you've stated. 

Thanks,

@O-Neill0 Oh, sorry. My "Booked Earnings" under the performance tab matches the "Total paid" on my 2020 earnings summary. Total Paid = Gross Earnings - Airbnb Service Fee. So yes, cleaning fee is included in "Booked Earnings"

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@O-Neill0 To get to gross earnings you also have to add the Airbnb service fee paid by the host. Or at least you do in the UK.

RoniSue0
Level 6
Tempe, AZ

Does Airbnb staff see this conversation? The Earnings page does not provide adequate headers, subheaders or other clarifying information about what is included in its front-page report, so is fairly worthless. It needs to state what is included in the total being shown, including cleaning fees and other fees. This is a basic need for all hosts that I hope Airbnb is working to address asap! Without any clarification of the fees included/not included, this a worthless and confusing report.Without any clarification of the fees included/not included, this a worthless and confusing report.

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@RoniSue0 

Better go to Transaction History pages, tab "Gross earnings". Filter on desired time perod and downoad the CSV file. Then all info is available in a spreadsheet and you can also see which total matches the earning showed in your screenshot. Which actually is the total of payouts made to you, same amount is shown in Transaction History, tab "completed payouts" when filter is set to same time period. eg: januari 2021 - december 2021 for year 2021 will show same total as displayed for the year 2021 in menu "insights", "earnings". (here it is rounded on whole currency, so no cents displayed)

Thank you for your reply and advice. Airbnb needs to update its tools for hosts to track finances. Column header terms in the downloadable spreadsheets aren't consistent with terms in the platform. Tools like the "Earnings" chart are worthless without clarifications on what fees are/are not included. Overall, there are too many "work arounds" and nuanced understandings required for hosts to efficiently capture and track their Airbnb finances.