Does the guest have to read the description before booking?

Reginald0
Level 2
Pompano Beach, FL

Does the guest have to read the description before booking?

My description said no Wi-Fi. 2 people didn’t read the description booked the room and gave me a 3 star rating and a 4 star rating. In their review they only said there was no Wi-Fi so read the description. That was there only complaint. I did everything correctly. Why are they allowed to do that?   It makes new potential guests think something is wrong. Not fair, so now I have to explain how to correctly leave a review on my listing.

17 Replies 17
Sharon64
Level 10
Tampa, FL

That is too bad. Make sure you listing is very clear about no WIFI and in the future ask your guests to read the description and house rules and if they can live with them, you would welcome them. You may even wan to mention in your litle note that there is no WIFI. Sorry to hear that hapened to you but most don't read anything.

Alexandra224
Level 6
Merida, Mexico

Welcome to my life.. my rating droped from perfectly 5 to 4.8 because a DUDE, review my listing, as he thought my list was ENTIRE house and its actually a private room.. and it clearly says someone lives there.. aghhh, even tho i reply the review.. there is nothing i can do about the raiting and im sure that is not helping me appear firsts on the map, when someone search for places..

Alexandra, thanks for welcoming me/us to your life!

We can feel powerlessness in face of a system that seems at times too simple to accommodate situations such as yours - and mine. I've just lost my superhost status due to cancelling the lone July reservation because of extreme heat here in the desert this summer. Probably saved this girl's life! But no, me bad , according to the system. We can be consoled by remembering that our best business comes from the images, reviews, and  good energy radiated by the site as a whole. 

On the practical side, more clarity, more repetition  may help - but I'm thinking Airbnb is not far from a re-design where important info must be signed off by the guest before booking.  Even though this still doesn't guarantee dudes and dudettes will read it !!