Does this sound legit?

Answered!
Michael6627
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

Does this sound legit?

Hello Mike, I will explain exactly how this will work: I will send you the link to my listing on airbnb and you must book the apartment for a minimum of 2 Months.
You will have to fill up the booking page with your details. After you complete it, you will receive by email the booking confirmation and payment details( from this moment you have 24 hours to complete the payment).
After you solve the payment, you must send me the proof, so I can confirm with airbnb that you made the payment and won the apartment.
When the payment is confirmed by airbnb, in a maximum of 48 hours, but usually it takes around 24 hours, they will contact you to establish a meeting, so you can see the apartment.
When you go to see the apartment you must decide if you want to stay there or not.
If you want to stay, they will transfer the payment to me and give you the keys with a contract for the entire period that you want to stay.
If you don't want to stay, you will get a full refund from airbnb, directly to your bank account.
Let me know if you understand and also if you agree so I can send you the link and solve everything.
Also make sure that you have the entire amount in your bank account, for a minimum of 2 months + deposit (that will be 500£ X 2 + 500£ deposit = 1500£).
After the first 2 months you will send the rent directly to my bank account, monthly.

1 Best Answer
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Michael6627 100% scam- Drop this or lose a lot of money

View Best Answer in original post

2 Replies 2
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Michael6627 100% scam- Drop this or lose a lot of money

Kate867
Level 10
Canterbury, United Kingdom

@Michael6627 … I did not need to read past the first sentence to realise this is a scam.  Please avoid.  Only deal directly through Airbnb and with payment direct to them.