Double charged, no update from customer service in three days.

Brianna111
Level 1
Bridgeport, CT

Double charged, no update from customer service in three days.

I'm pretty frustrated. On Monday March 2nd, I tried to book a room. The app told me Error: You don't have access to this resource. So I booked another room. Upon checking my reservations, I was booked and charged for both rooms. I called air bnb and messaged them immediately, when they could have fixed this problem before it became the host's problem as well. A friendly customer service rep told me they would handle it and patched me through to another rep, who was supposed to be with me relatively soon. Instead, I was left unanswered for twelve hours. The host could not rebook, and I didn't want to cancel and risk forfeiting my money when a representative was supposed to be right with me.

I called the next day and another representative told me they would handle it. Instead, they tried to bug the host for a refund for me. Despite the fact it was not her issue, and if they hadn't taken TWELVE hours to get back to me or her, she could have simply rebooked the room. It has now been three days and the case had gone nowhere. I don't plan on using this app after this, not that the company would care. I suppose I'm posting to see if anyone else had similar experiences and to warn others about the resource error.

3 Replies 3

Airbnb has become such a mess. I had experienced similar app issues. Once a guest was in front of my door and i had zero confirmation hence knowledge as a host. I let the guest stay there but airbnb couldnt care less and it took hours to figure out and obviously was a loss for me as l am not willing to work hours for a booking that their app messed up. 

I predict a new platform will surface soon and if properly promoted many hosts and guests will switch. 

Mika8
Level 10
Zürich, Switzerland

@Brianna111.. I know there was a thread with the absolute similar problem in the german forum .. I tried to find it, but was not successful and I'm not sure how it was handled at the end. But yeah, this is not the first time, that this glitch has happened .

Susan17
Level 10
Dublin, Ireland

@Brianna111 

Type "card charged" in the forum search box, and it will bring up tons of posts about users' cards being charged incorrectly by Airbnb.