Drivers permit not accepted as ID

Beth229
Level 1
Pāhoa, HI

Drivers permit not accepted as ID

Hello,

My family and I have recently evacuated Pahoa where lava is spewing out toxic fumes that are dangerous to our 8-month-old. We were excited that Airbnb was offering housing as we have nowhere to stay while we transition into our new home on Maui. The problem is the only government ID I have is a drivers permit that isn’t accepted. I think that it should be accepted, it is government issued and hasn’t all the same information as a license. I do not have a passport either so my family and I are now going to be on the streets after thinking there was hope. 

2 Replies 2
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Beth229  I am personally saddened that this is happening to such a lovely place.  I spent a week near Pahoa last July and found it to be so wonderful.  This host forum cannot help directly, but I can give you a link to a guide for contacting Air BNB.   Hope it helps.   Linda

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Help/Contact-Airbnb-A-Community-Help-Guide/m-p/16165#M728

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Beth229  I'm so sorry this has happened to you- I have Canadian friends who had a little place in Pahoa which they tell me is now gone- they are in Canada. I can't believe people aren't just opening up their homes or camp spots to you guys. If I lived there, my place would be tent city right now. I do hope airbnb will soften the ID requirement for you.