EV electric vehicle charger

Ben205
Level 10
Crewkerne, United Kingdom

EV electric vehicle charger

I'm wondering if anybody has added 'ev charger' to their amenities and what impact it has had?

Have you had any bookings from ev drivers?

Do you charge a fee and if so, how/ how much?

How important do you think this will be in the future?

Cheers.

Ben

8 Replies 8
Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA

@Ben205 we have EV charges at two of our listings. One has been used, once. We do not charge a fee. I sincerely hope it will be important in future.

John7759
Level 1
Bakewell, United Kingdom

Hi - I installed an EV charger April 2022…. up to now, December 2023, there has been six guests using the facility -

I don't understand why there isn't a direct link for EV owners to find self catering holiday accommodation with an EV charging facility  -

John,

Barn Cottage - Bakewell

Jens172
Level 2
Ucluelet, Canada

Honestly, AirBnB is in gross neglect of this essential amenity. There currently is NO FILTER guest can search by in order to find EV charging properties. I called them many times and they simply defer the issue by asking me to submit feedback.

I installed a charger and it cost me $$$$. I have no way of currently reeling the benefits. I also would not charge for it.

I also am spearheading this in my community and am the first host to install one. 

Wen2003
Level 1
Chester, VA

i read airbnb is planning on adding it to the amenities soon. i would like ideas on how to have the guest contribute towards this cost. not to make a profit but to have it available for them and not the public by using one of those app station locators. like maybe an evo tip jar or a flat fee? 

I just installed one as well and have the same question! Looking for recommendations on how to charge, how much to charge, and how to monitor usage if possible. Please let me know if you have any advice.

Thanks so much!

Kate1651
Level 2
Redding, CA

Now that Airbnb has added this option, we are going to test out charging a flat rate of $15 per day, regardless if it is used or not, for those with an electric car. Airbnb should offer more specific criteria for this option since the cost on the host will vary depending on location. 

Hello,
has "EV charger" been added to Amenities list in some countries?

I can't add it as a host in Ireland and potiential guests don't have the option to select "EV charger" in any filters.

DragonFly-Cottage0
Level 2
Ontario, Canada

I would love to see some conversation about this also. We have an EV and a charger that guests could access, but I do want to add a charge for it. This encourages the guest to be mindful of use.

You wouldn't fill their cars with gas for free so you should be able to charge them use of it.