Early bird discount disappeared...

Steve3189
Level 3
Bristow, VA

Early bird discount disappeared...

New host here...

I had an early bird discount set for my listing (90 days early) and it seems to have disappeared.  I cannot figure out where to turn it on or off.  Can someone please advise?   It seems like the feature has just vanished.  

Also, I had thought that I set my listing up where the guest pays the whole 15% AirBNB fee, I find that they are paying 12% and I'm paying 3%.   Maybe that's not editable, but I'm not sure where I would do it if so.  

4 Replies 4
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Steve3189 The only available fee types are guest pays 14.2% and host pays 3%+VAT or HOST 15%+VAT. There are no fee types where the guest pays it all.

To choose between these you do it from your account not your listing.

@Mike-And-Jane0   Thanks.  I must have misunderstood this when I set up my pricing schema.   I did read somewhere else that early bird discounts disappear when you use the "smart pricing".   I guess that makes sense.  This is my first season, so I still have a bit to learn. 

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Steve3189 

The early bird discount can be set in a rule set.

It does not work (has no effect)  when "Smart Pricing" is turned on for the specific time period the rule set is applied to.

Emiel1_0-1643055817964.png

@Emiel1 That would explain it.  I had a discount set before I went to smart pricing.  I hadn't thought of that until someone booked with my smart pricing on.