Edit Listing Photos

Edit Listing Photos

Can I save photos taken by Airbnb's photographer? I want to edit the photos.

13 Replies 13
Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Yes, right click on the photo and choose "save image as".  It will no longer be a "verified photo" though on your listing when you upload it.

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

Ed-and-Hugh0
Level 10
Miami, FL

Those photos belong to Airbnb. While technically, it's easy to download and edit them, you are not legally able to use them for any other purpose.

David-And-Tracey0
Level 1
Silver Spring, MD

My photos are being uploaded upside down.  Even when I alter them off-line and save them they still end up upside down.  Is there an edit photo function w/in Airbnb?

Thank you

dave and tracey

I have the same problem... did you find a solution?

ZenHomes0
Level 10
Singapore

@Christy2 I am not sure if right clicking "save as" is available when you are browsing through your listing pictures while the lightbox is open (such that the background is all dark while you scroll through the pictures). I haven't been able to do this in Safari or Chrome. However there is a way to get the original pictures uploaded onto the servers.

Using Chrome:

1) Go to your listing

2) Click on the cover photo

3) Scroll to a verified photo

4) Right click and choose "inspect"

Screenshot 2016-05-18 11.24.13.png

5) You'll notice a highlighted link. That is the photo stored in the server:

Screenshot 2016-05-18 11.24.26.png

So this photo's link is https://a2.muscache.com/im/pictures/6203f35b-88b3-47eb-87b6-b6ec8deb0ed8.jpg?aki_policy=x_large

You can now right click and save the picture.

But here's the part where you can get the higher resolution photo. Just change the x_large at the end to "xx_large" and a larger photo loads, for example this is the larger resolution: https://a2.muscache.com/im/pictures/6203f35b-88b3-47eb-87b6-b6ec8deb0ed8.jpg?aki_policy=xx_large

Maybe I'm over complicating things but so far this is the method I know you can obtain the photos apart from taking a screenshot (which lowers the quality).

These photos however, belong to Airbnb and copyrighted by them. Please don't use them for any other purposes. 

Shala0
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

Hi 

I'm new to hosting, I uploaded some pics of the flat, but Airbnb has not chosen the nicest one for my listing. You would think they would give a host the option of which photo to use for the listing? Instead of taking any just pic they felt like. Does any one know how I can change the photo? 

Shala0
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

Hi 

I'm new to hosting, I uploaded some pics of the flat, but Airbnb has not chosen the nicest one for my listing. You would think they would give a host the option of which photo to use for the listing? Instead of taking any just pic they felt like. Does any one know how I can change the photo? 

@Shala0, the photo that shows at the top of the listing is always the first one (top left) in your selection of photos. You can adjust this by going to Edit, then to your photos. Decide which photo you want to feature, and then move it to the first position. 

More essential reading for hosts.

https://community.airbnb.com/t5/General-Hosting/Community-Help-Guides/m-p/23100#U23100

Terri22
Level 2
Belgrade, MT

I am trying to delete a repeat photo and also re arrange them, I can not for the life of me get it done. For example, when I click on a photo after I've already chosen "edit" it just sends me to the calendar? I just listed and don't want it to not be it's best, please respond! Also, surely there is a way to contact Airbnb directly about this via messaging or email or something but I can't seem to figure that out either!

FYI, I've moved the order around of the pics and they simply pop right back up the way they were, even the deleted ones come right back!

Did you ever figure this out? I am having same trouble.

Good Luck with contacting Airbnb 😞

Penni18
Level 2
Bonita, CA

I can't figure out how to start a new conversation/question.  So I will just jump in. I am brand new to hosting.  Our unit, Sweetwater Valley B&B, won't even go 'live' until Jan 2.  When I set up my initial listing, I was super careful to crop my photos in editing so they would look just right.  Yep, I saved 'em.  However, when I looked at the same photos in the preview, the were different.  Example:  I took a picture of the closet to show, hangers, luggage rack, ironing board, etc.  The photo in the listing is mostly the wall.  It has happened in other ones as well.  I want the photos to look like my original intent.  Otherwise, what is the point of the editing feature.    I want them to make sense and show my place in it's best light.  What am I doing wrong??  Penni18

Penni