Edit Saved Messages

John-Paul0
Level 3
California, United States

Edit Saved Messages

How do you edit the "Saved Messages" that you can use in your message threads?

43 Replies 43
Dede0
Level 10
Austin, TX

Go to ANY guest conversation. Click on "Use a saved message" below the text-input field. Once there, down at the bottom you should see a red link saying "Edit saved messages". Yes, it's kinda stupid that this is the way to get to this, but nobody said AirBnB's coding was the best...

If that helped, hit the thumbs-up button below.

🙂 that is kinda stupid..but it worked and that's what really matters!

I'd like to create new saved messages (without them being in the listing). Is there a way to do that?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Contact AirBNB

@Tracy0 Same as above. When you reach the final step, you'll also see something like "Add a new message". Click that. The boilerplate you add does not get sent to the guest whose conversation you used to reach that point. It won't get sent to them unless, back in that conversation, you actually *use* one of your saved messages.

I am looking to add another saved message and I didn't see the add a new message button instead the old message was deleted. How can I get around this?

Hi @Sherieka0, this gets me too. The solution is to scroll your page down.

It's annoyingly simple and I forget it all the time!

Cheers, Charles

Cat57
Level 1
Vancouver, Canada

yes, it is easy to accidentally send some wrong massages to the guests, especially using cell phone.

Great!  It worked!  Yeah, it is really bone-headed.  I'm a web developer, and it amazes me how BAD the design is on some of the biggest, most successful sites.  Unbelievable. 

Thanks for the help!

John

Jenny300
Level 1
Hawke's Bay, New Zealand

Yes it took me ages to find out how to do this, but thanks to you guys I finally did and what a round about way of doing things.  Thanks to everyone!

Thank you !!!!! How silly, that there isn't a link on their primary interface ;(

Hello Dede, I couldn't find the red link, so I simply copied and pasted the original message into the "Create a new message" space and corrected it there.  Now I need to delete the old one!!!  But I will save that for another day.  

But you are right.  There are so many things that are awkward on the Airbnb site, but I hadn't ever thought that, considering that Airbnb is such a cutting edge business, they shouldn't be there.  I just accept that frustration.  Like I NEVER can remember how to refund money, because I NEVER can remember the word "resolution."  I am now, of course!!!

Thanks for your help.  Mary

Cannot find red link to edit saved messages. Followed instructions given and there is no link. What am I missing?

I think they had another update! The 'red' link is not there, I don't think. It used to be.... Soooo we get to customize our 'saved' messages. It would be very, very helpful if we could 'manage' them in one spot like before. In this way, the work around is to save the ones you edit, and delete the prior one. It ends up getting easily cluttered. Help!

Go to any reservation message history. Click on "use a saved message." You should see a rectangular box with your saved messages. On the bottom left, in green, are the words "edit saved messages."