Editing/removing response to Community Center discussion

Answered!
Kristen-and-Mike0
Level 2
Arroyo Grande, CA

Editing/removing response to Community Center discussion

Hi~

How do I remove a comment or edit a comment/response in this forum?

Thankyou~

Kristen 

1 Best Answer
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Kristen-and-Mike0  There is a limited amount of time to edit a comment- not sure how long, but it's pretty short, like maybe 30 minutes. If you click on the little box with the arrow on the upper right hand corner of your post, there is a drop down box which will say Edit, among other choices, if you still have time. Otherwise, to delete a post, you have to ask one of the moderators to do it, Lizzie, Stephanie, or Quincy. You can send them a PM or ask in the thread, by tagging them.

I've often wondered why there isn't some sort of informative tutorial on the first page of the forum, instructing posters how to do various things here.

View Best Answer in original post

4 Replies 4
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Kristen-and-Mike0  There is a limited amount of time to edit a comment- not sure how long, but it's pretty short, like maybe 30 minutes. If you click on the little box with the arrow on the upper right hand corner of your post, there is a drop down box which will say Edit, among other choices, if you still have time. Otherwise, to delete a post, you have to ask one of the moderators to do it, Lizzie, Stephanie, or Quincy. You can send them a PM or ask in the thread, by tagging them.

I've often wondered why there isn't some sort of informative tutorial on the first page of the forum, instructing posters how to do various things here.

Kristen-and-Mike0
Level 2
Arroyo Grande, CA

Thanks! How do I go about asking Lizzie, et al to do that? I’m new and not sure how to reach them.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Kristen-and-Mike0  To tag someone, so they receive a notification that they have a message, like I tagged you at the beginning of my responses, click on the @ symbol, then a list of names will come up if you responding on a thread. Click on that person's name and it will autofill in your post. If the person's name isn't in the box that comes up (there are only ever 5 names max in a box),  click the 

@, then start typing in the name, slowly. Another box will come up. @Lizzie, for instance, comes up first when you type her name, as Admin.

You can aso private message someone by going to the little envelope symbol on the top bar and clicking on that, then tag the same way, in the name field.

Nora86
Level 2
Atlanta, GA

After 3 attempts to contact Airbnb at an average of 25 minutes wait, I finally got someone.  Basically, I was told they are aware listings cannot be edited, and they are "working on it".   Talk about great customer service...