Eiendomsskatt adjustment (Taxes host pay) Guest Alterations

Steven992
Level 2
Rolling Hills Estates, CA

Eiendomsskatt adjustment (Taxes host pay) Guest Alterations

Eiendomsskatt adjustment (Taxes host pay). is showing up anytime an alteration is made on a reservation

Even just changing the Number of Guests; will cause this negative adjustment.  This is the ToT Taxes.  It changes the ToT Taxes to an impound as part of reservation instead of a separate charge.   This creates multiples issues:

1. Reports are all screwed up as now the taxes are part of the reservation.

2.  Nights have to be manually calculated to include ToT Tax.

3. Consumer is confused as they see their nightly rate significantly increase.

4. Airbnb Service Fees are charged on the tax portion as well.  Normally the service fee is only the nightly rate and not on the taxes.  

5. A simple change of just guests cannot be done without impacting the cost of the reservation.    I have had to decline those changes so the reservation rate doesn't get messed up.   Just a change in guests can reduce the cost and payout by several hundred dollars due to this error. 

Has anyone else had this? 

4 Replies 4
Chris773
Level 7
Branson, MO

This is a known bug. I use software (OwnerRez) that integrates via API with Airbnb, and the OwnerRez team has reported this to Airbnb's development team and has confirmed it's an open ticket with them.

However, it's been at least a year now that Airbnb has known about this and have not made any progress in fixing it.

I'm bashing my head against the wall at why they are not addressing this...it's incredibly annoying!

First is an example just changing the number of guests, and second is an example adding an extra night at $92:

Chris773_1-1607714502491.pngChris773_2-1607714513438.png

@Airbnb can you please bump this bug report ticket??

Nosara-Blue0
Level 2
San Bruno, CA

@Airbnb is there any update on this open ticket? 

Chris773
Level 7
Branson, MO

Anyone else noticed that this seems to be fixed?

finally got a hold of someone at Airbnb on March 16th who was willing to take the time to understand the issue and said she'd report it to the development team. Two days later, I had a guest ask to stay an extra night, and when I went in to make the change, I noticed that the "eiendomsskatt adjustment" was showing as positive instead of the usual negative, meaning the taxes for the additional night were being added rather than all of the taxes being removed.

Looks like anything modified after March 17th is now working correctly and as expected.

Anyone else seeing the same?

(It still shows as "eiendomsskatt adjustment"--still inexplicably in Norwegian, which the representative I spoke to agreed was odd--but as long as the math is now correct, I'm happy!)

Lenore22
Level 10
California, United States

So- I have this issue with a reservation now.  My current reservation has LESS guests, so I am trying to change the reservation which should give them $175 BACK, but instead it wants to charge them MORE MONEY!  After being on hold with Airbnb for about an hour, I was told to ask the guest to accept the changes and be charged more $$ (when they should receive money back) and "don't worry, when our engineer fixes the issue, the fee will be removed automatically." 

Ummm- no. I am not going to ask my guests to do that.

Is @Airbnb  ever going to address this?  At least  introduce the ability to override this charge. This solution is totally unacceptable.