Electrical billing extra

Anita119
Level 2
San José, Costa Rica

Electrical billing extra

Hi, I am wondering if there is a spot in the information to add that AC electrical is not included in the rental.  As well if there is an option of how to pay the electrical at the end of the stay thru Airbnb.  Thanks Anita

6 Replies 6
Kelly149
Level 10
Austin, TX

@Anita119 that sounds like a dreadful can of worms -- ABB is not good at collecting changed charges after the fact

@Anita119 in this situation the best the host can do is guess how much the electricity the average guest will use and build the cost into the nightly rate.

It's kind of what regular hotels have to do, as they do not separately meter each room.

I understand what you mean, but that's unfair to people who care and we might loose guests, because the rate might be to high.

Airbnb should give the hosts the possibility of billing the costs of electricity at the end of the rental according to the consumption .

There are guests using the airconditioning 24 hours a day with all the windows and doors open , what will have 2 effects :

the costs of electricity will rise enormously

and the airconditioning will have to be renewed every 2 years as the machines  will break down .

And there are guests who save the environment by using the airconditioning in a reasonable way .

Thus guests should pay their own consumption  of electricity  and not a prepaid fixed cost of electricty .

Thank you Ilka!!

That's exactly what's happening to me.

I would like to know how we can charge those fees to the people who don't care. It's really insane how high the electric bill can be!

Please help. 

Thanks.

I invented a little device ,Perhaps I can help you on it  ,especially when  guests leave the aircon on when they are out; If you are interested,  feel free to email me or leave a message

always got a contigency plan