Eliminated from Search

Blaise-and-Kami0
Level 2
New Salem, ND

Eliminated from Search

Anyone know what's up with the new search algorithms? We're 30 miles from the nearest metro area in a rural state and most of our bookings came from the cities' overflow as we're right by the Interstate. But now no one can even see us because the search map will zero in on the available metro listing(s), even if just one, rather than zoom out to see a greater availability. This change will kill hosts like ourselves in a rural state like North Dakota!

I inquired with Airbnb Support and they sent me to Feedback. Seems like I'm getting the runaround.

2 Replies 2

we have the same issue-no one can find our listing in searches. airbnb isn’t helping us-have called customer service dozens of times-they keep saying they’ll sent it up the chain but nothing has changed in two months. No one can see our listing. we have made the appropriate changes...still doesn’t show up in searches. No bookings for two months. 

Wow Gigi-And-Kevin!! Somehow people are finding us, but it takes a whole new level of work. And 'yes' customer service is a joke. One day I was called at 4:00 AM my time. How does that even happen?! I used to work in a call center, so I'm lacking in patience with the customer service on some issues. Hoping it picks up for you!