Encouragement for hosts with bad guest

Janice381
Level 2
New York, US

Encouragement for hosts with bad guest

I had my first really bad guest experience with bad reviews, and harsh messages sent to me. They broke house rules and left a mess .  I was even more discouraged after reading about all the bad experiences mentioned here.  Needless to say, it had me reconsidering this whole AirBnB gig.  

But I remembered the reason why I do this is because I've been blessed with a home to bless others.  

Hebrews 13 says "do not forget to show hospitality to strangers.... remember those in prison as if you were there yourself..... God will surely judge people who are immoral.... don't love money, be satisfied with what you have...I will never fail you.... the Lord is my helper, so I will have no fear, what can mere people do to me?" 

So I remember, that even when someone trashes my house, gives me a bad review, is dishonest, or whatever... "what can mere people do to me" when I can trust a God who takes care of me?  The Lord gives and the Lord takes away.  Right now He has given me a home to bless others... including those who may be making bad decisions and getting into trouble.  He will be their judge... but my job is to show them His love and mercy, the same way He has shown it to me.  

3 Replies 3
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

I am so sorry to hear about your experience with this guest, but do you have a question you want help with @Janice381 ?

It seems your post is more about promoting a particular religious stance?  We are an international community with those from all religions and none. I am happy you take comfort in your God, but am not sure this is the most appropriate space to use to promote your religious views.

Ute42
Level 10
Germany

@Janice381 

I fully respect Your believe and Your religion. But I have to tell You that on this platform, it's not the "Lord who gives and takes away", it's airbnb who gives and takes. They have their own bible, it's called TOS.

I couldn't agree more on Airbnb being the taker, and not giving according to their own bible!