England COVID Isolation Changes

Adam1554
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

England COVID Isolation Changes

Hi does anyone know if based on the fact that in England you no longer have to isolate if you are Covid positive whether rules for refunds if a guest tests positive will now change? 

3 Replies 3

@Adam1554   The Extenuating Circumstances policy for Covid is long overdue for an update, but as of now it's not based on your specific country's requirements. Complicating matters further, all of your confirmed bookings are subject to the policy in place at the time they booked, even if they're for next year.

The CDC still recommends that people stay home and isolate for 5 days after testing positive, regardless of vaccination status. Airbnb may well be wary of being the villain in a media narrative about how infected travelers were "forced" to proceed with a stay in someone's home because they couldn't get a refund. Until there's some global consensus that it's OK to travel with Covid, I don't see Airbnb deferring to the whimsical strategies of the British government.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

@Adam1554  interesting point one would hope it would change but I don't hold out much hope

Emilie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Adam1554 and all - I wanted to follow-up on this, as we've announced some changes to the Covid Extenuating Circumstances policy recently. You might find these changes interesting, read up more on them and let us know what you think here:

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Airbnb-Updates/Update-to-our-approach-for-guests-sick-with-COVID...

Thanks 🙂

Emilie

-----

Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center/ Please follow the Community Guidelines