Equality laws

Sonia39
Level 2
Plymouth, United Kingdom

Equality laws

Are Airbnb subject to equality laws can I refuse unmarried straight and gay people

15 Replies 15
Donna15
Level 10
Delft, Netherlands

@Sonia39, this condition would be entirely against AirBnB's Terms of Service. 

If you feel strongly that you wouldn't feel comfortable accommodating these guests, AirBnB is probably not the appropriate platform for you. 

Sonia39
Level 2
Plymouth, United Kingdom

Thank you that's all I needed to know

Sonia39
Level 2
Plymouth, United Kingdom

Thank you Donna yours was the least offensive response I have had you answered the question in a dignified way which I really appreciated. Thank you 

Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

You are subject to equality laws as you are running a business - if you wish to discriminate against people then look elsewhere. This type of hosting is distasteful to the majority of people these days (thankfully).

Thank you for your response just needed to know where I stand legally not morally 

Mary-Ellen0
Level 4
Dummerston, VT

Please DON'T be a host!  As a host who welcomes EVERYONE ( as Jesus did), I have to say that intolerance is NOT tolerated or welcome here @ Airbnb.  

Sonia39
Level 2
Plymouth, United Kingdom

Thank you so much for your response it was a question as to my legal rights that is all there is no law to prevent me offering accommodation to single people so that's fine 

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

So you would welcome a single gay  or transgender person into your home?

Hi @Helen3, "I will not reject anyone who comes to me," said the God I follow so if I can't do likewise I better stop calling myself His follower. Also, I accept people, not labels. 

Who's to say but a single, gay, transgendered, lesbian, black, smoker etc. can be more kind, respectful and human than a married, hetero, non-transgendered, white, non-smoker etc. 

As I see it, laws that enforce equality are a step in the right direction but by themselves, they can't change the way people think. We're here to love each other.  If we can't or won't then why hang around?  

Happy Sunday, 

Betty

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Thank you @Betty-B--M-0

I was asking @Sonia39 who made the original post.

Dear @Sonia39

Please be a bigot somewhere else.

Thank you very much for your understanding and cooperation.

Thank you for your adult response it was a question as to my legal rights that I needed answering

Look at your question - it was more than offensive to most people. 

Sonia39
Level 2
Plymouth, United Kingdom

I have had this question which was all it was answered thank you I do not need any further insulting comments so please save your energy they will not be read but deleted on receipt