Error - Please specify what type of bed is in your space.

John4485
Level 2
Roda, Greece

Error - Please specify what type of bed is in your space.

Hello,

I am getting this error when trying to post my listing.

"Please specify what type of bed is in your space"

I have already added that there are two single beds in the room and that the property sleeps two people so I cannot understand why I am still getting this error.

Can anyone help please.

John

9 Replies 9
Karin1404
Level 2
Cape Town, ZA

Hey John, 

Would love to help - just a bit difficult if I don't have it visual... Just trying to think how I can help you best from.here. 

When you choose the single beds in the listing, does it give you an error message or so? I will have look at my Test listing and see if I can send a screenshot here on the chat... Will be back in a second... 🤪

Karin
Karin1404
Level 2
Cape Town, ZA

Screenshot_20200119-104430.jpg

Screenshot_20200119-104420.jpg

Screenshot_20200119-104359.jpg

Karin
Karin1404
Level 2
Cape Town, ZA

So, this is from my app. Basically, when you are in the "Bedroom Settings" and the simply click on "next" until you get to Bed type page, and hit "save" it should save the bed styles. 

Also check the amount of beds you chose, maybe you entered an incorrect number of beds? 

Worse case, this is a technical error and Airbnb needs to jump in and edit the listing for you. 

Sorry, I hope this helps you a wee bit further. Good luck! 

Karin

Thank you Karin. Thats very interesting. I can set that two people can stay in the studio and I can set that there are two single beds, click next and save but when I come to publish the listing it tells me specify what type of bed is in my space. I wonder if it is something to do with it being a studio which is like a bedsit and so doesn't have a bedroom as such. I am presently running round in circles with support and as yet the problem is still pending. Hopefully it will be resolved very soon but thank you for your response. 

John

Susan17
Level 10
Dublin, Ireland

@John4485 

There's currently a glitch in the system relating to bed settings, that's causing all sorts of problems for some users (including incorrect bed counts, and placing beds in the living and dining rooms of hosts' listings, that they don't have at all)

This is a recurring glitch, that previously surfaced several months ago, then appeared to be fixed (or at least, patched up) for a time, but has recently resurfaced again. 

Everyone should check their bed settings in their listings, both from the host and guest perspectives. The last time the glitch was active, some users were able to re-set themselves, while others found that they could input the correct details, but their settings would revert to the incorrect number/placement of beds some time later, and CX intervention was required. 

With the unprecedented number of malfunctions currently rampant in the system, it's advisable for everyone to check all  their settings, every day, as well as keeping a very close eye on their incoming, upcoming and historical payout data. 

Hello Susan

Yes it certainly seems like a glitch but being new to airbnb I would not have expected there to be glitches. Its difficult enough to get my head around all the different options without there being glitches to deal with. I am presently talking to someone in technical support as and when I can but at present the problem still exisits and is preventing me from publishing another five of my rooms. Thank you for  your response though, I will post what the problem was once it gets sorted.

John

@John4485  Well, get used to the glitches. The platform is notorious for that. There seems to be some kind of glitch on a weekly basis. Reading these forums regularly is very helpful for that, as other hosts will write in to let others know of a glitch, so you don't end up thinking you are doing something wrong or that it's something specific to your account.

Thats good advice Sarah. I will do just that.

Remi20
Level 2
Céret, France

I found a solution that worked for me. I was doing the listing on a PC. Kept getting the 'publishing error' so I switched to the app on my phone and it worked.