Error - You must update the property type of the listing before activating it.

Brian864
Level 2
Peacehaven, United Kingdom

Error - You must update the property type of the listing before activating it.

HELP!!!!

I got an email from AirBnB stating i needed to update my property type for my listing, a static caravan on a chalet and static caravan holiday park.

However, as static caravan isn't a specified type, I have used similar property types, chalet, tiny home and camper/RV to no avail. I've spoken to AirBnB help and they had suggested various types, but they can't fix the problem! I've also requested that they add the correct property type static caravan as an option

But since Friday last week, my properly has been delisted, stating I need to update the property type, but when ever I change the property type, i get the error:

YOU MUST UPDATE THE PROPERTY TYPE OF THIS LISTING BEFORE ACTIVATING IT

I don't want to  have to create a new listing and lose all my reviews, as I also have future bookings for my listing and don't know how to transfer them to the new listing either.

HELP!!!!

4 Replies 4
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Brian864 

A static caravan is an "entire chalet". If you look for other listings regarding a static caravan they are listed as "entire chalet", example: https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/15460822

Georgette27
Level 2
Anse La Blague, Seychelles

Hi. Im getting the same issue. But my property is listed as a villa. Can anyone advise?

Brian864
Level 2
Peacehaven, United Kingdom

It took ages for airbnb to fix  

I have 5 beds (1 double and 4 singles) so total of 6 guests in my static caravan. 

The problem was a glitch with the number of the guests. Airbnb support reduced them to 5, changed the property type to the correct type and saved and published it then modified it again to 6 guests and after that it worked for me to update the property type.

Hope this works for you. 

Jane2629
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

Change the property type then it should allow to relist then change it back again!