Error with length of stay discount calculation

Kim2738
Level 2
Anchorage, AK

Error with length of stay discount calculation

Air BnB’s calculators are not working correctly to give the weekly or monthly discount that you have set i. Length of stay pricing settings.

I have contacted support team and they have acknowledged the error a month ago but have not yet fixed it.  I had a monthly rental where they only charged the guest $65/nt on a $155/nt (min price set) rental and 40% monthly discount set.  The price w discount should have been $95.  Their only suggestion was to cancel the reservation.  

Recently I got a 10 day booking and so my 15% weekly discount should apply.  This time they charged the guest $152/nt.  In this case, there  is an extra guest charge of $20/nt and again min $155/nt so the rate should be $175 x .85 = $148.75.  In this case, they are overcharging the guest $3/nt.  At first I thought maybe they set my price higher in Smart Pricing, but in the host payout it shows $175/nt before applying roughly 13% discount. 

Does anyone know a workaround to allow me to give discounts to guests correctly and honestly without using the length of stay feature that is not working properly?

5 Replies 5
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Kim2738 

Please note the additional guest fee is not subject to  a discount.

Yes! Thank you I just figured that out after I posted this (despite 2 calls w air bnb who could not explain it). 

However, the monthly discount is still a problem.  I’ve got my monthly discount set to 0% (but weekly discount of 15% would apply).  When I look at the rental through traveling mode it still shows a 58% discount!  This is a month after I reported it and they acknowledged it.  Anyone else have this?

Emiel1
Level 10

@Kim2738 

I simulated some bookings on your listings, I see 15% weekly discount, no monthly discount.

For which dates are you seeing 58% discount ?

Please check if you have not set fixed prices for specific months or weeks (discount section, "custom prices")

Emiel1
Level 10

Added:

I simulates bookings in september/oktober, they seem to be OK (only weekly discount).

But in augustu it shows monthly discount. Please check month august and previous months  as mentioned above.

Seivar0
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

I have an issue too but not heard back as to a resolution. I have a 10% weekly discount and 20% monthly discount. This always worked fine, but all of a sudden guests can book with a cumulative 30% discount! I have prior booking where this was not the case so it appears to be an Airbnb error that needs to be rectified asap!