Escalate a complaint

Escalate a complaint

I want to know how to escalate a complaint,

I have a so called case manager- **, who is meant to be dealing with my complaint regarding a refund to my credit card, which is not happening.

Does anyone know where I can go from here are there any legal bodies I can approach, ombudsman, etc

[*Title and name edited]

125 Replies 125
Barbara2005
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

Dear Friends

I am also experiencing the same exact problem with payment issues and lack of responses from Airbnb. I have a host guaranteed payment that was to be made 3 weeks ago and it is not showing up in my bank account. I call every day the Airbnb hotline and also chat to their reps and they keep giving me the same silly answer asking if I checked my bank (of course!) and that senior case manager will get back to me within 24 hours (never happened). I am ready to escalate it to the CEO or anyone senior enough who can actually look at this case thoroughly. Do you have any suggestions and advice that worked? thank you.

Hi Barbara,

should we join forces and complain together Airbnb to the ombudsman? I have had the same problem with 4 different guests! 
Do you want to link in? I would love to hear how you have gone about it and try to find a way to seek compensation for this lack of professionalism and avoiding payments?

Arun29
Level 1
New South Wales, AU

Hi , As a host , I am also having same issue with abnb case manager . It appears the  case manager decision is biased and not fair . I was advised to reach out to AAA however they do not have jurisdiction in Australia . They only deal with matters  in USA . Any one has any input please advise . Cheers . 

What is AAA?

I am an airbnb super host but recently airbnb has closed my complaint without resolving it. My issues is that I have not received the payout for last guest and it’s been 2 weeks now. How do I escalate my complaint to airbnb bossses?

Hey

I have had the same problem. In fact in my case there were 4 different guests since October.

if you are able to figure out how legally we can go about it; I am eager to join forces and seek compensation. 

Phil2754
Level 1
London, GB

I have a complaint which has not been resolved fairly. Case manager is trying to close the conversation and not supporting my requests to escalate. Host did not provide lock on door leading to an unsafe environment so we moved family to a hotel having firstly agreed with the host a refund. Other people had access to our apartment and my wife was terrified. After admitting it verbally and implying admission on text he is now backtracking, saying his texts were ambiguous and we cannot provide photographic evidence and so will still charge us for the first night (despite refunding the rest of the trip). I am still in the area and could take some photographs for further evidence with support but they are trying to close the issue. Air BNB case officer saying that the host only gave us a refund to avoid an argument rather than us having any grounds. By this logic the host would have also refunded us if we had not liked the color of the sofa? I need point of escalation please. I have texts, timeline and proof of stay in another hotel

I am also having issues regarding lack of payment. Are you planning to report them to the ombudsman? Would you like to join forces?

@Andre8700 any luck reaching an ombudsman?  I finally wrote to Brian Chesky, and suddenly got a phone call, after having things dropped, from a fellow priding himself in being a top dog of sorts: "Support Ambassador form the Escalation Team". frankly, he's proven himself to be as useless as the others.   still waiting for resolution on 2 very simple matters!  grrrrrr.

Denise424
Level 2
Ontario, Canada

I too has just been confronted with a case manager who seem to be raging war on me.  I just had a guest stay for 13 of 14 nights and was refunded the entire amount without any indication this would have happened. This case manager’Teressa’ seems very angry and dismissive toward me and that’s frightening. I’ve asked to speak with her superior and she does not respond. She just close the case. I’ve got news fir her I’m not going away. I am going to get answers. 

Andre8700
Level 2
London, GB

Good evening

I am currently having a dispute with Airbnb due to lack of payment. They had not paid the previous 4 Airbnb guests I have hosted (2 in October and 2 now at the end of the year); and said that the reason being was a business verification form was not filled on time. I don’t understand why they would keep putting my property in the market if they were not willing to pay me for the excuse mentioned above. Has anyone been successful in reporting Airbnb to the UK ombudsman? If so, can you please advise how to proceed? Also, how do you escalate issues against Airbnb legally? They égide to provide me with a contact...

Cathy947
Level 2
Monmouth, United Kingdom

Hi, did you ever manage to escalate your complaint? I am a UK host and have an issue that I would like to escalate to someone impartial.

Claudia2279
Level 2
Manchester, United Kingdom

Hi all 

I am in the same boat. I just listed a new room which I’ve spent 3 years renovating to a high standard from a derelict state. Bought an expensive £600 mattress for it. Had been slept on only 12 nights before a new guest comes along and checks out leaving the whole mattress and a duvet covered in urine. He didn’t tell me - I had to find it. Messaged him straightaway and he admitted it, apologised and offered to cover costs. I have claimed for a new mattress and duvet with receipts for both. Airbnb case manager Marie has just closed the case and said their decision is final! Even though it’s a brand new mattress, the guest has admitted urinating on it and offered to pay! How do I claim the £300 deposit? How can the call it a “Host Guarantee” when it guarantees nothing? Why isn’t there any process by which to complain about the case manager and have this escalated? I am so frustrated and angry. Not willing to drop this but how do I take it further? Write to the CEO perhaps? If anyone would like to join forces here to create some weight I’d really like to hear from you. 

@Claudia2279 @Andre8700 @Denise424 - happy to join forces. . I'm so frustrated with the endless "yes, we understand how upsetting this is to you; we will send your case to the department that can help you" ...and then the mic drop.

Cathy947
Level 2
Monmouth, United Kingdom

Hi, did you ever manage to escalate your complaint? I am a UK host and have an issue that I would like to escalate to someone impartial.